Had another positive day of eating.
I found a nice droid app the other day (MyFitnessPal). It's basically a food and activity tracker. I'm sure there are others that work well or may have the same features, but I like that this one allows for scanning barcodes to add the items - huge time and frustration saver for me. Plus, maybe it's more accurate. Looks like I've been staying around 1400 - 1500 calories this week.
I've really cut back on going out to lunch. I really think this is key for me. There are just SO many great restaurants (and friends) in Ann Arbor - hard to say no. However, I have been diligent about packing my lunch and snacks lately. My strategy is to eat salads exclusively if I do go out (like tomorrow). It's not the best, but it's way better than what I was doing before. I'm just still trying to get into the right mindset for tackling this whole thing again.
I bought myself a Keurig single serve coffee maker a couple of months ago. I think it might have initially had a poor effect on my weight, but it's balanced out now. I quickly make myself coffee in the morning and then I don't stop for coffee on the way to work. The BEST benefit is that now I don't grab food along WITH my coffee on my way to work. I went back to eating South Beach breakfast bars. I ate those exclusively for the whole time that my weight was low. I find them tasty and satisfying.
Goal for tomorrow is to increase my water intake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
like seeing these "Good Days" strung together ;). Keep them coming along with the blog posts.
Post a Comment