I've been to the gym 3 days this week already, and I plan on going the next 3 days as well. The best part is that I feel just as motivated as ever. Yesterday, I did strength training + 20 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill. Tonight, I ran 3.5 miles of intervals on the treadmill. I sometimes like to do 1 minute each: 5.5, 6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 4.0. Sometimes I alter that if it gets too intense or if it's not enough. I just like that combo, because it's 5 minutes a set, and it really keeps the workout moving. Plus, it trains several different HR zones.
Tomorrow, my husband and I will be doing some strength training + HIIT. Saturday, we'll do cardio. Sunday, we are going to start THIS. I'm so pumped to get on it already.
Eating continues to be a slight struggle, but I'm doing much better than I was last week. I can't wait till the holiday season is done and over and everything goes back to normal. I actually did quite well today, and of course I'm hoping to keep it up.
In other news...my husband joined my gym, so it's super cool to have a workout partner...for a couple days a week at least. This will most definitely increase the number of times that I workout each week. Plus, it'll be cool if we follow the workout I mentioned above.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Glad to see this Kristen. We all seemed to let our foot off the gas for the holidays - nothing wrong with that. Let's just gear back up. Think of all the progress we've made since *LAST* Christmas. If we do it again this year, I think we'll all be happy with ourselves.
I loved reading this also. I am sure all your motivation and drive will inspire many. Having your husband as a workout partner is a win win situation. You are bringing 2008 right.
lucky you! I'm dying for a workout buddy. its awesome that you've found that drive back cos it sure makes things easier.
You and Vince make a great team. I'm not sure if Vince needs any weight loss but it would be nice to have him blog his fitness efforts.
Funny you should mention Vince and blogging. His blog address is http://detroitos.blogspot.com/. Sorry - still don't know how to put a link in a comment.
holy crap! i looked at that workout and wow! if you can do that then your superwoman in my book. can you do a swissball push up? i can only do a few girly push ups. please tell us how it goes.
Post a Comment