Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Just checking in...

I have been ok for the most part. I'm beyond stressed about work though. My deadlines are pretty much today, so I will be finishing it all up tonight...and then I'll feel a ton better I hope.

I leave for Chicago tomorrow morning (up at 4am...ick). I'll be doing a bunch of corporate event type stuff, but I'll try to eat and drink in moderation.

I haven't been to the gym in over a week. I honestly really just haven't had much time. Sure I could have squeezed it in, but there are times when other things are just more important.

That being said, I think I lost 10 pounds today from stress alone...ok not literally 10 pounds. I do know that I haven't gained any weight though - despite eating more and working out less. I really hope that I haven't gone up too much in BF%. I've tried to at least do some pushups and crab dips here and there. Hopefully that's doing something.

Ok. Hopefully I'll be posting again sometime soon...maybe this weekend or sometime next week.

***Edit***

Ok. I might not have been too far off. I just weighed myself. The scale says 132. I was at 137 just a couple of days ago. Definitely not the right way to do it, but I'm relieved that it hasn't actually gone up, considering I'm typically a stress eater.

9 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Just hanging out w/ FAT members is good for your weight loss program. It's true, I read that somewhere.

Anonymous said...

Lets go to the Gym together every Saturday. Starting this Saturday.

Kevin said...

This time of year is the worst for those of us struggling to stay healthy. All of the year end stress, plus the social engagements make it hard to fly straight. It sounds like you are managing just fine.

I have always struggled at corporate events and tradeshows because eating and drinking make about 80% of our time at these things. How do you tell a client that you can't drink a beer with him / her because you are trying to eat healthy. It is alienating.

Carrie said...

Good luck at your meeting- I'm in pre-finals week, so I understand your stress.

I noted your FAT Extreme Google thing on the left and clicked 'read more'- tell me, how'd you do that?? That's so cool!

Anonymous said...

Good luck in Chicago. We're you able to hit your deadline?

The work/holiday stress sucks, but I know you'll beat it. You're doing so much better than me...you're at least doing strength training. Good for you.

Oh, and awesome job on the weight loss!

Jim McCoy said...

I hope you hit that deadline. Enjoy the conference, and keep yourself to busy to stuff your piehole. You'll be fine.

Kristen said...

Carrie, I use Google Reader and I made my lists public and created a blogroll link. Now...every time I update my subscriptions, it feeds here. I was going crazy trying to keep everyone added everywhere. Plus it has that cool little "read more" feature.

I can explain in more detail if you're interested.

layla said...

i can relate to stress eating- i gained most of the weight during exam time in high school, every darn year! it must be so liberating to actually lose weight during such a period- it just shows how far you've come!

Jay said...

that is very cool, I'm gonna have to copy that!

stress is no good! Stop it! STOP!