Tuesday, December 4, 2007

OK

I keep waiting for the time when I can take the time to write everything I want to say. Every day I realize that it's probably going to be awhile for that, so I just decided to post a quickie tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to write more some other time.

Since I've been gone, my eating has been challenging, but I think I've done well enough...considering I've been out of town and out with friends a lot lately.

My stress levels are very high right now for multiple reasons, including some huge projects that need to be done this week at work. This is probably the first time that I've ever thought that I could actually miss a deadline even with my best efforts. There is the possibility that I'll be fine, but there is a lot of fear there. I have a sales conference in Chicago next week that I don't really want to miss because I didn't get my projects done. hmmm...

I have not been to the gym since a week ago Sunday. I guess I could have gone had I really really tried, but I have been pretty much soooooo busy, that it's just not been practical. I swear it's not because I just haven't wanted to go. I really don't have the time, but I've decided that I'm going to run for an hour tonight. I will probably miss bootcamp this whole week and most of next week though. Too bad :(

I'm still trying to get caught up on all your blogs, but it might be a while...so I apologize if I haven't made any comments lately.

Ok. That's all. More later this week hopefully.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are under such stress Kristen. Hope you got that run in last night - exercise is the best stress reliever. Suggestion: stretches or yoga can be done in your hotel room first thing in the morning or before bed. Stretching can release tension and get your day started or ended feeling good.
Deadlines suck.

Ripx180 said...

sounds like they are working you to death... I hate weeks like that. Glad to see your post either way. You have shown time and time again that once life gets back to normal you will be right back at it. Be strong with you diet if your not making it to the gym. Take Care Kristen.

Rob Tucker said...

On these busy weeks when you can't get to the gym, just make sure the eating is 100% (or at least close). Sometimes it's ok to just 'stay put' and maintain and not be losing.

Get through the tough spots, and shine on the bright ones.

And besides, we're hanging out on Sunday so you've got something to look forward to!

Rebecca said...

Sometimes life gets in the way of exercise, it just is what it is. I'm sure you'll get back in there when your schedule allows. Welcome back!

Jay said...

Kristen,

I'm right there with you....life is non-stop right now and everybody is trying to get things in before the end of the year....oh, and the little thing about getting ready to move to a different country.

We'll be here when you get back...get your projects done and get ready to enjoy your holiday.

Melissa said...

I hope that run gave you some stress release the other night!

Anonymous said...

I swear I would do your work for you if I knew how. We both know I have more than enough time at my own job right now. According to the meeting I had yesterday this is going to change after the first of the year, we will see. I think we both need this weekend to be here right away.

Marcol said...

I hope youre managing the stress and it simplifies itself soon. Take care of yourself :)

Kevin said...

Kristen,

Thank you so much for being the first person to look at my blog. Your words of encouragement mean a lot to me.

I feel your pain with the stress. I actually think that stress is one of the hardest obstacles to ovrecome because if the mind is unsettled, how can we expect the body to be. Good luck thru this tough time.

Jim McCoy said...

Stress sucks, Kristen, but you know you can get through it. Focus, focus, focus. When you're done, come back and tell us all how great you did.

Rob Tucker said...

Hey, where ya at? We're missing our dose of K-Gurl! How's it going :)