Friday, February 22, 2008

Ah-ha!

Ok. maybe not so ah-ha, but I figured out why I've gained weight. duh. I've been eating a lot more lately, which isn't so much of a problem in itself. However, when you stop working out as much, and you don't decrease your calorie intake...hmmm...pretty much a recipe for weight gain.

I missed bootcamp Monday and Wednesday this week. I went Thursday, and I felt guilty that I was only going once this week. Then today I realized that there are several days left that I could get in some gym time. I don't know why I'm thinking so slowly lately. Anyways, I went tonight and did some intervals on the treadmill and bike. I was reading Alwyn Cosgrove's blog the other day about the 2 groups of people that were doing cardio - one steady state and the other intervals. It encouraged me to get up to the gym for 20 minutes to do some hard intervals.

I need to get back to going to the gym almost every day. This is when I felt best. I know that hurting my ankle is a big part of why I haven't been as faithful. I used to love to go and just run, and it really wasn't an option anymore. I still have to be careful, but I haven't had any pain recently. Of course, I haven't been doing much to inflict pain, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I really need to go see my doctor.

Anyways, it just felt so good to go tonight and just do cardio. I would like to do that again both days this weekend, but I might not be able to get up there tomorrow due to some sucky family obligations.

As far as eating goes, I've been a bit better these past couple of days - since my scary weigh-in. The truth is that I'd rather continue eating as I am now and reincorporate the exercise. I honestly don't really care if I lose much weight. I just can't gain any more. Plus, I'd like to get back to the lower part of my size 8's.

I'll be so glad when it's sunny and warm out.

2 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

I don't know why, but when I'm not 100% I tend to slack on the other stuff too - it's like "why bother" sometimes.

Of course, that's for the weak :)

Hang in there :)

Ripx180 said...

keep doing what you know you need to do. I say go see the doctor if your ankle is keeping you away from what you like to do cardio wise. Glad to see a post from you. Take care.