Friday, June 27, 2008

Not exactly weight loss related...

I haven't weighed myself all week. I usually wait for a few good clean days, and those just haven't happened this week. It hasn't been all out bad, but it's approached that a couple of times. I'll be back to it next week.

I think I'm just soooooo incredibly stressed out with my work right now. It's actually kind of a mixed bag. I love my job. I really do. I was made for this job. I've been in this position for over a year, and I've done an excellent job during most of it; however, I'm really finding my groove right now...my creative groove. You know how you just sometimes have those breakthroughs...

Well, I feel that I had another breakthrough about a month ago. Of course, with those breakthroughs comes more self-accountability. I have never been one to be able to submit less than stellar work, but now my work just seems perfected. Of course, I'll probably look back in a year from now and scoff at the stuff I'm putting together now.

Anyways, the best part of all this is that my company is restructuring, and for once, it's actually creating more opportunities for me. Very recently some of my work was noticed by some important decision makers, so things are looking really good right now. In fact, my former (& future) senior management guy had his admin schedule a meeting with me earlier this week to "discuss career stuff". Pretty awesome conversation about where I've been and where I'm going. I told him I was going back to school soon, so it looks like I'll actually have to follow through now. I think I'll go back officially in January. In the meantime, I plan on studying for my Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) exam, that I'll take in December.

So many things are changing right now. My husband's job will be sent offshore to India by the end of the year, so he's focusing on his home inspection business, which is just taking off so rapidly now. He's been doing this as a second job for over 4 years. He's professionally trained, but he's really focusing on the marketing part of it now. It's kind of funny how this is all working out...recently, he was at the right place at the right time...and he was able to form a relationship with a seriously awesome referral source.

He was planning on leaving the bank next spring, but now he gets to be done before year-end...and he'll get about 5 months of severance pay. So, now we're just saving up for a life of self-employment.

Ok. Back to me and my job. I have so many deadlines looming right now - everything is due around the same time...and I know there are more things in the pipeline that I haven't even seen yet. Oh, the stress is killing me...but I guess I love it at the same time. I'm just tired of working till all hours of the night. I just don't see how I can get it all done any other way though.

That's all. Thank God it's the weekend. I plan on doing no work...or very little work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, those deadlines suck. But you've clearly got a good system down with all the "career talks." :)

I hope the stress clears up soon, though. As cool as it is to put a fire under your butt and keep life...um...interesting...yeah, interesting...it sucks for weight-loss!

lj said...

Hope your weekend was good and work-free! It sounds like an exciting time in your career. Congrats!

Ripx180 said...

Hey how are things going, haven't seen a new blog in a while?