I feel the momentum building again in FAT, and it's great. I certainly don't mean to leave anyone out of this, but my observation is that this happens whenever Billy gets back in. So, Billy, please stay involved...for the rest of us.
I'm also very excited that Beck and Kevin seem to be back in too. You can do it, guys.
Ripx, you've always seemed to stay involved, but it took a little while for you to really find your groove. I'm so glad to see you thriving now. I remember how you used to get so frustrated with yourself. It's obviously paying off now. Congrats on the guns btw.
The rest of you all seem to be thriving as well. Rob, I think you're doing well, even though we don't hear from you as much lately. I realize that you're busy.
Will just reached his 100 lbs lost mark. Jason is almost to his goal, and is looking great. Susie just recently started out, but I just know she'll be successful. Brandon seems dedicated and is already starting to see big results. Geoff seems to be doing quite well, although we don't hear from him as much anymore.
Ok. I know that I probably missed a bunch of people, and maybe some have fallen off here and there, but...our success rate is pretty high here.
Btw...if you don't see your name on my blogroll, please let me know. I don't have time to read everyone's comments on everyone's blogs, and that's generally how we see new members. I apologize if I've overlooked anyone.
If you're still reading, but not doing, please get back in. It's a good time to get refocused.
I honestly didn't intend on saying any of that, but whatever. What I was actually going to say was: I've been using a different running method this week. I don't want to stress my body out too much, considering I had some ankle trouble for a while there, so here's what seems to be working really well for me this week: I start out at 5.5 mph on the treadmill and increase it by .1 mph every minute. I go until I really need a rest. Today I made it to 6.8 and then I rested for 1 minute at 3.5 mph. Then I started over at 5.5, only this time increasing by .2 mph. I ended up at 6.7 mph. I ended up with 3 miles, including warm-up and cool-down.
I also do other types of "games" like that on other days for variety. Sometimes I do more of a walk/jog, mixing up the incline between 6 - 15%. Other times I do more of a real HIIT thing. However, I find that the method in the above paragraph gives me a little bit of both endurance and HIIT, with less risk of injury.
My goal right now is to get ready for the Turkey Trot in November. I plan on finishing that in under 29 minutes. Beck, I'm just doing the 5k, since I want a year over year comparison...yeah, that's the reason. You're welcome to tackle the 10k though :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
It's really good to see the Coalition starting to get back into the swing of things.
Good idea about mixing up your workouts / cardio with the idea of different "games." Keeps things interesting mentally - and keeps the body from adapting.
Good luck with the Turkey Trot! I've never done a 5k..4k.. 3k.. or even 2k, but I'd like to one day. Next year, maybe?
Yeah I had a 6 month hiatus were I packed back on about 15 pounds or so. I have fought my way back and some and feel like I am going all the way this time. I still haven't figured out my body and what it takes to consistently loose weight. Goes in spurts. But I do know if I eat healthy and workout it will come off slowly. So that's what I am doing.
We have the same goals for the Turkey trot so I will be reading to see what your doing to prepare. I want sub 30 min and I am pretty sure I can get it.
You have always been a big part of this coalition too so stay evolved if you have the time.
my, this is an exciting time, isnt it!
Thanks for the nice comments in your blog.
I have a question for you though. I have a friend that is asking my about weight loss, and I try to tell her what I do, but I think it is so different going from guys to girls. Also, I never really had a food problem...I was wondering if you have any advice that I could then pass on to her since you have been the most successful girl in FAT that I've seen. Thanks for your time Kristen! (She is just starting out by the way, so even if it is just what you did to get the ball moving).
Jason, I hope this helps. I agree that girls are way different than guys in the weight loss arena. The attached post summarizes things somewhat nicely. One thing to add though: knowing people that are doing it successfully helped me soooo much. I had several positive influences in my life and still do. Your friend has you. Continue in the right direction and it should help her immensely.
Here's the post that I was referring to:
http://thekgurlexperience.blogspot.com/2007/07/random-ramblings.html
I hope it helps :)
Post a Comment