I'm very excited to report that I'm running 3 miles in under 30 minutes now (on the treadmill). I don't know how much I talked about this, but I took a break from the gym...and the break was way longer than I had planned it to be. It ended up being about 3 - 4 months. I would not recommend this, because as you all know, it can be so hard to get back into it.
That being said, I've been going to the gym fairly consistently since the end of July now. Unfortunately I'm not doing anything like boot camp; however, I'm doing something. Sometimes that's all we can do really. It's way better than nothing.
I don't know what it is about running that makes me love it. I don't love it like real runners do, but I still enjoy the challenge of it. For some reason it's so easy to set goals with it and to play little mind games. I've been careful to gradually increase my exertion as to avoid injury, but I'm still making progress.
I remember my first day back to running...even 5.0 mph was a struggle. Now I am warming up at 5.5 mph. My first day back I went about 2.25 (including warmup and cooldown); now I've added about a mile onto that in less time.
My initial goal is to be ready for the Turkey Trot. My time last year was 30:13 (with no real training for it). I hope to blow that number out of the water this year, but I think I'll be pleased with anything under 30. All I know is that I must beat my time from last year.
Another thing I like about running is how it makes me feel solid. I feel that my curves are all in the right places. My butt and thighs feel strong. My posture is better. I honestly have no clue as to how much I weigh. I probably haven't weighed myself in a month. I'd say it might be 134 if I had to guess. I'm totally fine with this right now. The truth is that I was down to about 120 for a while and in size 6's. I now know that this is totally attainable for me, but it was honestly a lot of work...probably way too much work to maintain for the rest of my life. Where I'm at right now is something that I can live with forever. I can still eat a little bit of this and that. I can work out moderately without killing myself. This is a good place. I think 8's are still respectable. It would be nice to tighten everything up though. I think running will help with all that.
I was going to say more, but I'm literally falling asleep as I'm writing this. Maybe I'll write more tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
3 miles in under 30 minutes is awesome! way to go!
It's funny how running shape vanishes without running. I was running a mile everyday and then a 5k 1-2 times a week, then stopped going and now I'm working back up to get my mile times in the 7-8 and my 5k back under 30 min!
Glad to see you are back in it, and I'm sure you'll do great at the turkey trot.
"Where I'm at right now is something that I can live with forever." -- that is an awesome thing Kristen! you worked hard to get there, enjoy it!
I'm the exact opposite: I hate running (jogging, to be more specific). It makes me feel bad. Sprinting, on the other hand, I love, but it's hard. I'm not really built for running :(
A 28 min 5k is awesome. That would be way cool if you could get one of those spots. Something to shoot for always helps.
I totally agree with your assessment of TBL... The age count up things was annoying.... The Yellow team does really need to be there. I hope the dad takes it seriously. Hard to tell what kind of guy he is going to be.
Post a Comment