Sunday, May 10, 2009

Week 1 - Complete

I completely followed the half-marathon training plan for this week. Today was my 4 mile run, and it was my best "run" so far. This is a good sign. I know that it's just going to take a little time for my body to realize that I more from it now. Today I ran 1 mile, walked 1 minute, then ran the next mile, walked 1 minute, etc...till the 4 miles were done. This is a fine strategy, since the most important part is finishing it. The next week is the same exact as this week, so I hope to see some slight improvements in time (took me 52 minutes today...ugh). Maybe I won't rest between miles or maybe my miles will be faster. We shall see. 

Everything else is going well. I'm also doing 3 days of mild strength training and one day of yoga per week. I had a couple of days of cravings this week, but I don't think I blew it too bad. 

That's all I got today.

1 comment:

Ripx180 said...

your gonna be a fitness machine when your finished with the half training ;). Sounds like things are going well and I am glad to see it.