I am going to give myself an A- for my diet this week. I have eaten a very balanced diet and was rewarded with a 1 lb loss. This is exactly what I was expecting (according to my calorie logging), so I wasn't disappointed. My bodybugg and the half-marathon training have given me the focus that I've been needing for such a long time.
Sunday, May 31, 2009
5 mile run
Today was my first 5 mile run of my half-marathon training. I thought I wasn't going to be able to do it, because I had an MCL injury on both knees from last weekend...most likely a sprain from dancing. I did my 3.5 mile run on Tuesday, but had to stop after 1 mile on Wednesday. After that, I stayed away from the running for the rest of the week. Today, however, I felt no pain, so I decided to go for it. I was able to finish 5 miles with no pain whatsoever. I will still ice my knees to be on the safe side. I have to say that the run went quite well. I finished in just under 62 minutes. It's still not at the speed that I'd like, but I know that will improve over time. I must remain patient.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
yiked, sorry to hear about the MCLs. Glad they are feeling better and that you were able to hit your 5 mile run. You sound like a women on a mission, nothing can stop you now. ;). Glad to see everything is falling into place for you.
Post a Comment