So - goal time. I have two things coming up in the near future that I'd like to attach goals to. Next weekend, my sister is coming down to visit us, and I'd like to be solidly in the 120's by then. In 2 weekends, another one of my sisters is coming to town, and I'd like to see 125 on the scale by then.
Of course, the real problem will be maintaining that after I stop the low carb thing. My plan is to reintroduce carbs slowly and go back to a lower carb lifestyle. I've veered from that lately. This is the jumpstart that I needed to get me back to appreciating the right kinds of carbs and avoiding the bad ones.
This might be exactly what I've needed to catapult me toward my final goal of 120 and size 6. hmmm....
*****Edit*****
I'm posting my Before pic below. I will follow up with this in 2 weeks with an After pic. Btw...the jeans in the pic are some 6's that I bought today. I went to the mall and had success with zipping up and buttoning 6's without too much muffin. I decided to buy some for goal clothes. I fully expect to be able to wear these out next weekend...even though they are a bit snug through the hips and thighs at the moment.

5 comments:
Congrats! I have sucked at doing the low carb and reintroducing carbs slowly. But if there is anyone that I think can do it, its defintely you :)
i just want to warn you about what you are doing. the reason you have such a dramatic weight loss thing going on is because by cutting the carbs out all together, you have essentially fooled your body into thinking its diabetic. you are in ketosis and i recommend that you do some real research on it before you continue. you need carbs for energy, which is EXACTLY why vince is feeling so tired. i just want you to know that this rapid weight loss wont last and it wont stay once you start eating again. its just really unhealthy and i think you need to look up some more information before you continue. you know, instead of cutting out the carbs completly you could try adding some "good" carbs. try brown rice, whole wheat pasta, wheat gluten and tofu (both of wich are heart healthy sources of protein and clean carbs.) not to mention my personal favs, buckwheat soba, quinoa, and lovely starchy butterbeans (which also can make a very close to should be bad for you mashed potato like dish!)
wow, i spend far too much time reading diet and fitness crap and way way way to much time around health freaks!
Kristin theres some misleading information here but I'll let you do the research for yourself.
If youre interested however in how you transition off of the eat, ru, fly, swim 14 day plan send me an email and I'll send you the info.
Youre not in ketosis. You are eating carbs, youre just not eating starchy carbs. As for the energy thing you can get this without eating starches as Rebecca suggested on a previous post. The bottomline is the drastic weight loss right now is due much in part to water loss. Again, do your research and youll see this is not a bad thing. This is very different from an Atkins approach where youre limited to like 20g of carbs per day - that leads to ketosis.
Again, if you want more info on this just email me. Remember this eat, run, fly, swim program comes from a reputable registered dietician. Many have done this diet and maintained the weight loss afterwards. Its all in how you go back to incorporating starches - which is what I'll give you if you email me.
I have also been overweight most of my adult life and have done a lot of research into diet and fitness (more research than action, in fact). I understand the whole concept of ketosis. The biggest part of all this is to integrate carbs back into the diet the right way. I do know that I have been very successful thusfar by continuously mixing up what I'm doing. However, I have been somewhat stagnant for a while. This is something that will serve as a jumpstart into the next level. Yes, I've put on a lot of muscle recently, but I haven't really lost much fat. This is preventing my muscles from shining through.
I also know that I lost most of my weight by being very selective with my carbs. This is something that I've lost focus on for a while. This two week plan will help my body remember that it doesn't need to carb overload constantly.
Besides the less energy during my HIIT session, I haven't had any negative side effects. I've felt more satisfied with my food than I have in a long time, and I've cut out all the junk food.
the research has proven that carbs is what is making us fat, and you've done your own case study with yourself.
Nice work!
Post a Comment