Sunday, January 11, 2009

3 Weeks

Just over 3 weeks ago, I decided to get back to the gym. I had not gained a ton of weight, but I know that I had lost a lot of tone. I was starting to feel frumpy...ick. This is so not good, regardless of what size I am. 

I was looking back at past blogs, and I saw that the last time I rededicated myself to fitness, I started seeing some nice results after about 3 weeks. This has happened again. I can see my triceps again. My legs are starting to take on their former shape. My running game is getting better. My first day back, even 5.5 mph for any length of time was just killer. Now I end my intervals at 8.0 mph. 

Not only am I seeing results, but now I'm feeling very motivated to keep this going. I've done a lot of different fitness routines and strategies over the past few years (wow, I can't believe it's been that long), including running, boot camp, etc..., but this is the first time that I'm putting most of the emphasis on strength training (on my own). I really need this right now to put on some muscle. 

I've gotten through 3 weeks. I'm committing to another 3 weeks today. Of course, my long-term goal is to commit to forever, but it's much easier for me to just look to the short-term. School started back up this week, and I'm going to be busy...but for the next 3 weeks, I will stick to my plan. 

Hopefully I'll notice even more results, which will motivate me to continue for another 3 weeks.  

1 comment:

Roder said...

Awesome Kristen, glad to hear it!