It's a cool little gadget, but the website is even better. It asks what your goals are and then helps you fine-tune your diet and fitness plans. My goal was to lose 2 lbs per week, but this would require a deficit of 1000 calories per day. So far I haven't achieved this. Maybe it will be easier now that the holiday weekend is over. I've been averaging a 500 calorie deficit, so maybe I'll just lose 1 lb per week.
The worst/best part about this program is that my eyes have been opened to how many calories I take in on a daily basis. The simplest of restaurant meals seem to be 800 - 1000 calories at a minimum. All those times that I thought I was being good were not n5 early enough for me to lose weight. I'm lucky to have not gained all of my weight back.
The program suggested that I consume 1100 calories per day and burn 2100, but I changed it to 1600/2600 today. I simply cannot live on 1100 per day, but I can burn 2600 on most days.
I plan on weighing myself on Friday's, and I'll post the results here.
I'm still going strong on the half-marathon training. I'm now on my fourth week, and I'm feeling pretty good. Last night was 3.5 miles, and tonight I'll do 2 miles. My long run on Sunday will be 5 miles. Exciting stuff.

1 comment:
Sounds like things are going great in your neck of the woods. I have a friend who does the body bug and she has done well with it when she is committed to using it. I think the commitment to something is the hardest part. Its amazing how much counting the calories opens your eyes, it sure did for me. Sounds like your half training is right on track, let us know how the 5 mile run goes this weekend. The first mile is always the hardest for me. Anyway, I am really glad to see your doing so well.
Post a Comment