Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Here we go

Ok. School is officially over, and my summer has begun. My eating is back in check, and I started my workouts yesterday. I'm back in the 130's, which is exciting, but certainly not good enough. 

One thing that I've not wanted to say quite yet was that I am jumping on the half-marathon wagon. I am not always great with follow-through, but I've watched so many others that are also self-admittedly "not great with follow-through" follow through on this. I need a goal anyways, and it's perfect timing for the summer. 

I'm following the Hal Higdon 12-week plan. I started a 12-week yoga class on Monday for the stretching. This forced me to kick-start myself into it, so tonight I did my first 3 mile run (on the plan). 

Ok. I've said it. Now I have to do it. Right? 

1 comment:

Ripx180 said...

nice!! Halfs are serious business but what a accomplishment. I will have to check out your 12 week training schedule. I do one day want to run a half then maybe the full deal. Sounds like things are going really well for you.