Monday, January 28, 2008

Greatest Decision Evah

I almost didn't make it, but I pulled it off at the last second. Back to bootcamp tonight. I feel fantastic again. All of a sudden, I want to eat healthy and get back on track with the working out. I'm back. It's true :)

Keith is in charge of all bootcamp sessions now, so it's only a matter of time before I see that 16% bf. Assessment time is Monday, so I think I'm going to be pretty focused this week. I might not see that 17.8% bf like I did the last time, but as long as I'm still in the 18% range, I'll be ok.

I'm also changing my diet strategy. I am going to be feeding my workouts. No more restrictions. Just fueling my body. This view helps to keep things in perspective. Obviously, there will be some restrictions, but I don't plan on looking at it that way. I'm just going to be evaluating whether or not something is going to be something my body would be able to use. This is what helped me lose weight in the first place...keeping empty calories to a minimum.

In more personal news, I finally feel that my dark cloud has lifted. I started to feel it on Saturday, but Sunday was even that much better. I think I just needed to cry it out.

Ok. I'll be writing more soon. Going to bed early tonight. Yeah right...I always say that and it never happens. This time I might actually do it though.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Proud of you :)

Carrie said...

Good to see you strong again!

Good luck on the bootcamp, you'll have to tell me sometime how Keith runs it. I run a Circuit class myself, and the popular version was 2 exercises back to back per station.

Anonymous said...

Kristen, I was so glad to read your positive blog. I've been thinking about you a lot lately and been a little worried. Looking forward to reading more blogs from you.

Rob Tucker said...

It's funny how it only takes one small thing to get us re-energized. Glad you found that in you. Looking forward to reading more from you :)

GeneTheK said...

Hang in there Kristen. This too shall pass. Perhaps it already has?

Rebecca said...

Good job getting over your hump and back in the game. Hope things are well over there in the Motor City.

Perspective is definitely important. Seeing food as fuel and making the choices that are the best fuel is definitely a way of looking at your nutrition that will see you eating the good stuff without making you feel restricted. Hope it works for you!