Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New Low - kinda

I got assessed at the gym tonight. I was hoping to earlier this week, but it never quite worked out. I'm very excited to say that I am at 17.8% body fat. My last assessment was in November, and it was 18.5% back then. It sure feels great to know that I came through the holidays pretty much unscathed.

Here's the quote from the printout:

"Kristen, your body fat percentage is in the Excellent range. This range is recommended for athletes.....By following the nutrition and exercise plan, you will reach your goal body fat of 15% and goal body weight of 134 in 5 weeks." I forgot to mention that the gym scale had me at 139 (5 lbs lower than my last weigh-in there).

There is also a little bar that has: Low, Optimal, Moderate, High, and Very High. I am at the very end of Low (<19.1)

I'm so geeked about the new eating and exercise plans now - targeting the last bit of fat that I want to lose. You'd think 5 lbs of fat loss would be pretty easy. We shall see...we shall see...

Tonight I completed Workout A again. OMG, was that tough to do 3 sets of 15 reps. Killer. Glad it's back to 5x5 on Thursday.

I am still eating according to plan. I've experienced essentially no cravings as of yet (except for the weekend). Today was day 6. I only have 8 more days left before I can start mixing in some carbs every couple of days. I'm very dedicated right now. I don't see that being too much of a problem. However, I don't see myself quite making my goal of being solidly in the 120's by Saturday. I've been averaging 132 on my scale every morning. That would require a pretty solid drop. Oh well, I'm still 17.8% BF.

Renewed vigor.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kyle said...

That's awesome Kristen. Your enthusiasm (probably spelled that wrong:) is contagious. I'm on my way out to the gym right now and excited to work out. You're proof of what a lot of hard work can accomplish. CONGRATS!!

Ripx180 said...

Nothing better than some success to spur you on!! Sounds like you and your hubby are kicking some serious ass in the gym. Your focus right now is impressive. keep it up!

Melissa said...

What awesome news you had last night! You surely did rock those holidays. That 15% is going to shine sooner than you think. :)

Keep up the great work. You a true inspiration!

BrotherJay said...

Great job Kristen, it must be nice to see the finish line!

Rob Tucker said...

Glad to see this happening, Kristen. Go finish it now!

Rebecca said...

I'm glad to see you are burning it up on the final stretch of your weight loss. I guess, when you think about it, it's kind of the end where champions are made. I definitely think that you are well on your way to the body that you (and your husband) dream of. ;)

Kirsten said...

For a woman to achieve that body fat is truly a feat! I know you are as proud of yourself as i am. Damn woman, you achieved a whole lot in '07. I hope your '08 is as prosperous and succesful :)

Julie said...

Sorry I meant to post this for today . . .

Hello Kristen,

I'm relatively new to the FAT forum and I also blog (gettingmysexyback.blogspot.com). I think I'll follow your eating plan to jumpstart my fat loss program . . . however, doesn't that diet give you stinky breathe? It puts your body in ketosis. I may have to gargle regularly at work. I wonder if drinking huge volumes of water will flush the system and stop the ketone breathe? Any thoughts?

Anonymous said...

well on her way to that body? shiiiit I'm all about that right now with her body. :P

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kristin! 17.8% body fat?? I'm so jealous!! That's awesome.

Marcol said...

Nice work Kristen. This is the reward of your labor.

Candy Girl said...

wow. the next time we see each other i dont think i will recognize you! your still my hero.

Jay said...

nice! You're lower than probably 70% of the US population!

You're working hard and it's really paying off!

ok, I'm inspired now. I'm gonna go workout!

Jim McCoy said...

Damn.

Rob Tucker said...

Been a week, Kristen. How're things coming along? ;)

Signed,

The blog nazi =)

Kirsten said...

i agree with the blog nazi. maybe we should form a force...
Dearest skinny little bitch, its time to blog.

Ripx180 said...

Yeah common Kirsten!! Don't be play-n the players.... Your last post was sweet then you go and leave us hanging. Vince, Help direct that lovely lady to the front of the computer ;)

Anonymous said...

Miss your blogs.
Please post anything so we know you're ok.

Also, consider walking in Phoenix next January. For the family. You and Vince. Imagine the fun we'll have!

kyle said...

It's the new Ken Follett book isn't it? I know that thing is well over 1000 pages, but you can put it down for just a few minutes to let us know how you're doing, right? Hope to hear from you soon =)