Monday, March 17, 2008

Perceptions

About a month ago, I wore one of my regular outfits to work, and I noticed how tight the top was. I didn't think it was a big deal at first, but then I weighed myself. Ouch. Up about 7 lbs.

So, it's been a month, and I haven't really lost too much weight, but I decided to try the top on again last night (especially since I'd been sick all weekend). I thought that maybe it would be acceptable to wear again. It was sooooo tight still. Then it hit me that maybe, just maybe, the shirt had actually shrunk. I couldn't have grown THAT much bigger from just 5 or so lbs. I have an identical top in another color, and voila...it fit perfectly. I think that it accidentally got thrown in the dryer once.

I am soooo relieved, and I feel confident again. I feel like this is going to be a very controlled week in terms of eating and exercise.

Isn't it crazy how something like that can totally throw you off. It seriously put me in a funk when that happened. I haven't even attempted to wear anything size 8 to work since that day. My wardrobe just got much larger (in a good way).

So, I had planned on going to the gym this weekend, but I got the weirdest sickness on Saturday. My husband, daughter, and I all had very similar symptoms - flu like stuff (maybe food poisoning?). I basically ended up sleeping from about noon on Saturday until 10 the next morning. I was still pretty weak all day yesterday, so I thought it was best to just rest. I'll be back to bootcamp tonight though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristen, I wish I could say the same thing about the suit I wore last weekend but it has never been near a dryer :\

Anonymous said...

I pulled a stunt like that about two months ago - although in a much more comical, single guy sorta way.

I had bought this really nice mocha brown wool sweater for a date. Well, what knucklehead goes and tosses that baby in the dryer two days after he purchased it?

Yeah, it could have fit a child after that. So much for sixty bucks!