The weekend has gone nicely thus far. We almost ordered pizza last night, but then we decided to hit the grocery store instead. I'm not sure what the difference in calories was, but we ended up eating hummus, chicken, macaroni & chz (not great, i know), and sweet potatoes. That's gotta be at least a little healthier than pizza. Today, we made breakfast sandwiches instead of going out for omelettes and extras.
I didn't make it to the gym yesterday, but honestly, I think my muscles appreciated the rest time. I did go up there for some HIIT today. I'm happy to report that I'm definitely ready to bump up the intensity some. No pain still. Plus, 7.0 just isn't pushing me hard enough anymore. Next time, I'll do 1 minute intervals of 7.5, 3.0 mph. I also increased the distance and time I ran today. I've been sticking to 2 miles or less, but today I went a little over 2.5 miles.
Now I'm getting excited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Glad to see you ramping it up again. And yes, regardless of the 'total calories' of your meal vs. pizza, think about the fat content and the actual nutritional value of hummus and chicken versus pizza. You definitely made the right choice.
Post a Comment