Monday, March 10, 2008

So bad, so bad...

I had my first bootcamp assessment tonight since I've been back. I knew my weight would be up, but I guess I thought my bf% wouldn't have gone up as badly as I feared. I can't even type how stupid it is.

On a more positive note, my fitness assessment stuff went a little better than expected. The most notable item was my pushup counts. In one minute, I did 50 real pushups. I don't go down super far, but still...the last time I was assessed, I did 31 real + 19 modified in the same fashion. So, I must have gained strength.

For the 12 minute run, I went 6.0 mph for 11 minutes, then kicked it up to 7.0 for the last minute. I didn't feel like I was going to die, so I know that I'm making nice improvements in that area as well. I'm excited about going in tomorrow night for HIIT. I'll definitely have to do at least 7.5 or 8.0 mph for my intervals. I was talking to a new bootcamp lady tonight, and she said she'll join me tomorrow, so I guess I'm a bit obligated to go in now.

I have really got to get my eating under control this month. I'm still not eating horribly, but I'm not doing myself any favors either. Stupid, stupid, stupid...

74 more days until demf...7 lbs to go...

3 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

I know how much you love DEMF - hit that goal so you can get there with your own personal mission accomplished. 7 pounds in over 2 months is definitely doable if you keep your head on straight. I'll be cheering you on.

Jason said...

It sounds like your doing awesome at the gym. I'm definatly jealous of the running, I can't run to save my life! I agree with Rob, 7 lbs in 2 months should be definatly doable, keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

It's awesome to make progress in a quantifiable way - that's great! And you can handle the nutrition side - be smart and plan to eat right and you'll have it whipped.