Saturday, January 17, 2009

Week 4 - Complete

I almost didn't meet my goal for this week, but I eeked in on the last day to get in my 3rd strength training workout. I also had one day on the treadmill. 

School started this week, and I had a little diffculty getting organized mentally; however, I felt completely comfortable after I completed a few assignments. I do think I'm going to have to relax some of my workout goals now though. I am still going to stay committed to 3 strength training workouts per week (for at least the next 2 weeks), but I will get in cardio days when possible. 

I was just starting to feel a little burnt out this week, and I actually somewhat wanted to quit already. I decided to give myself a few days off, which sometimes can be bad. It's always more difficult to go back after a break. However, I am glad that I made a commitment to myself to do the strength training. 

I have 2 more weeks to go, and then I'm sure I'll set another goal. Maybe it'll just be for one or two weeks though. 

I did something different tonight. I did intervals on the bike rather than the treadmill. I did 10 seconds as hard as I could and then 20 seconds light for 5 minutes. Then I went 5 minutes moderate. Then I did 5 more minutes of intervals. Sound easy? Try it! especially after a strength training workout. My legs felt like jello after I got done. 

2 comments:

"The Captain" said...

Good job on completing your goal!

Lexie said...

your bike workout sounds hard! it's always easier for me to run for 10 minutes than do intervals like that on a bike.

and don't quit! now's the time to invest in some friends who can go along with you. it's always more fun with friends, and you're less likely to cancel.

keep it up!