Wow. Keith the Trainer called in sick tonight for bootcamp. So, Roger took over. Evidently, Keith had told him that we were tough. Whatevah. Roger totally kicked our asses all over the place. It wasn't so much about suicides and all that, but he didn't want us stopping for anything. Once, I got done with my supersets way faster than the others, so he had me stay in a plank until they were done....like for 5 minutes...with a 10 lb dumbbell on my back. The truth is that I took a couple of breaks, but he was telling me to get back up when I stopped. He reminded me of Jillian...except he wasn't really yelling.
We did have to modify a couple of the exercises, but I was surprised to see that we are a little tougher than we thought. It's cool to work with someone new once in a while to mix it up a little. This reminded me of when Keith would only do one night a week, and I thought that was super tough. The question now is whether to have Keith push us harder.
The final exercise was to get in a pushup position (not sure what that's called...kind of like a plank with the arms fully extended). Anyways...we all had to stay in that position while one of us was doing 30 real pushups. I haven't done 30 consecutive pushups in several months, so I was really nervous about my turn. I ended up doing them fine actually. I didn't put my nose to the ground or anything, but they were real ones. Looks like all the things we've been doing so far prepared me for tonight.
Today I started noticing some more firmness back in my thighs and buttocks. All the running and bootcamp sessions are certainly paying off. My husband also mentioned that my face is starting to look a little thinner again...not that it was fat before.
My eating was a little better today, although there was certainly some room for improvement.
OK. Now I'm feelin' good...if you can't tell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
ok, i am going to start tomorrow. i am dying to know how long it will take for me to be able to do 30 real pushups. i will comment again when mission is complete...
/whispers to Kristen. *you're allowed to say [b]ass[/b]. Buttocks?
Nice workout again .. the eating getting better?
Funny...I actually typed out "ass" about 3 times and backspaced it out. Next time I'll just say it :)
Post a Comment