Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Training Days

So, I was a little hesitant when Melissa brought up the possibility of some Michigan FATers participating in the Detroit Free Press Marathon 5 person relay in October...but after a couple of minutes, I started to get pretty excited about it. Now I'm all in. I'm looking at taking a 5+ mile portion of the route.

I'm still being cautious of over-training, since my ankle was giving me trouble for a few months. It's not acted up in a while, so tonight I decided to do 3 miles. I did it in 33 minutes including the warm-up. This is a really good start anyways. I plan on doing this kind of run once or twice a week, but maybe adding in an extra quarter mile every week.

I'll continue to do HIIT and bootcamp on other days of the week. Or something like that. We'll see. It just feels good to have some real fitness goals again.

Oh, and I absolutely can't wait to run outside when it's just a little warmer.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Wow, that is awesome that you want to do that. I think I'd have a heart attack if I tried that. 3 miles in less than 33 min (b/c of the workout) is awesome. Sounds like your plan for training is a good one

Rob Tucker said...

I think it's important for us Michigan FATties to keep each other in check. We were going SO strong before the weather messed us up. I'm glad to be working with you guys on this run. Let's make it a great one.