Wednesday, August 6, 2014

10,000 steps

Today was my fifth consecutive day of getting in 10,000 steps. Today I walked 3 intentional miles - .5 before breakfast, 1.5 after lunch, and 1 mile before bed. I love my jawbone up. It asked me to commit to 10,000 steps today. If I hadn't, I would've stopped at 7,500 and gone to bed. It really helps me to go the extra mile (no pun intended). 

Breakfast was protein pancake with blueberries. Lunch was pizza party at work (planned cheat). Dinner was grilled chicken. I skipped the ice cream bar at work (celebration type of day) and I also did not go back later for leftover pizza when others were. I am pleased to see my resolve strengthening. 

One thing I realized today is that I like to create little challenges/rules for myself... Like a game. Two challenges that I've implemented this week:
1) no carbs after 8 pm (based on something I read this week). 
2) if I eat starch for a meal, I have to walk before or after the meal (I've read this helps with blood sugar levels - which ties directly into the body's ability to burn at). 

These little challenges keep me focused. I'm so pleased with my progress this week. I am very determined to lose a pound or two. I'll weigh myself officially on Saturday. 

No comments: