Saturday, August 2, 2014

Determined today

Started out the day right today. Trying to make both small and large changes today. Skipped the cream in my coffee. Had cocoa drink for second drink instead of coffee. Made scrambled eggs with spinach and feta. Measured out the feta and skipped the butter. 

I also went for a 30 minute walk before eating breakfast...about 1.75 miles. I'm determined to stay active today. My jawbone UP has a feature where it'll buzz if I'm not active for 30 minutes. My goal today is to actually take action when it goes off. Walk a half mile, do 15 squats, or 15 girl push-ups. 

I already know that dinner will be tough today as I promised the kids I would make lasagna. That's ok. The additional activity should compensate some, and I'll take it easy on portion size. 

I plan to just edit this post throughout the day to track my success. I read something today that encouraged me to visualize my day before it happens. Like when I'm in bed, I should visualize getting up and going for a walk. During my walk, visualize what I'm going to eat when I return. So far so good. 

Breakfast...it was good, but I may need something more. Maybe I'll just start with water then plan to eat something else in two hours. 

10:30 - 1.75 mile walk
11:40- 20 squats
1:25 - 20 girl push-ups 
3:30 - 0.5 mile walk
9:30 - 0.5 mile walk

Did well today. Pleased with eating and activity. 

No comments: