Friday, August 31, 2007

My Blog

I just wanted to say today that this blog is about my journey from where I was to where I want to be - and everywhere in between. Writing here helps to keep me from going too far off the edge when I'm down, and it also stimulates me to do even more when I'm up. It goes both ways. Either way. It's my blog. I'll write when I'm down and when I'm up and when I'm neither. I guess this is more about my mental journey to becoming healthier in my mind to be able to take action to succeed in my goals.

When I'm down, sometimes all I can hope for is to not lose ground. This blog helps me do that. It might not sound like progress to someone else, but not gaining 5 pounds during a bad week is a success to me. I'll even go so far as to say that stopping a gain at 5 pounds is sometimes still a success to me. Old Kristen might have put on 15.

Failure and success...that's what you'll get here...hopefully more success than failure :)