Yesterday I felt good for the most part. I felt sure of my mental state. I felt on top of things.
Today is a whole different story. It's been 6 days since I've been to the gym or gone running. I've been snacking for the majority of those 6 days. Nothing horrid, but too much. Today I completely blew it by eating my entire order of Pad Thai. I rarely finish an entire order of anything anymore. This then made me feel disgustingly full and sluggish...enough to make me skip another workout tonight (although I was trying to blame it on too much work). Then...as if that all weren't bad enough...I decided to make tonight the night for a ham & cheese calzone. I even drank a cup of Squirt with it. I never drink pop (soda) anymore! It's funny how it really only takes one day to send me spiraling out of control. I'm sitting here feeling so disgusting with my stomach so distended.
Don't worry. This is only a very temporary setback. Back on track tomorrow. I PROMISE. I don't like this feeling AT ALL. This is what makes me realize yet again how much easier it is to just eat right. I feel better and I make better choices. Bad choices usually lead to more bad choices. Inertia.
Btw... I'm not sure, but I think David wants to join FAT. I know a lot of you have already said hello, but please do so if you haven't done so already. He's got a good plan that he's already implemented, and he's already made great progess in a short amount of time.
Don't yell at me today. I know already. I said that I'm back on track tomorrow, but I'm modifying that to NOW. Ok. You can yell at me if you want. What can I say? I'm a comment whore. Just kidding :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I feel it may be early for me to give advice, and i am certain you know all those things already, but i like to evaluate what i am going to eat before i eat it !
If i decide i am going to eat only half of that pad thai, hell is not going to make me eat the other half (well ... most of the time !!!)
Counting on you to be back on track tomorrow.
David
Oh ... and thanks for the slight sarcasm in your post.
I think i may have come across as slightly desperate to join. But it's ok, i take it all in good heart !
Good day and good night
David
Im the exact same way, its like one choice leads to another and another. So no real advice..just I can relate. Now go work out! :p
:P
Sarchasm? maybe. I was just amused at how much you wanted in. I love new people. Glad to see you jumping right in. Seriously!
6 days since you have been to the gym??? 6 days??? are you serious?? 6 days??? Snacking, full portions of pad thai?!?! What did you do with Kristen!!!??? Where did you hide her?? Invasion of the body snatchers!! The Kristen we all know doesn't do that...
In all seriousness you better be wearing your sweat badge or lower arm sweat tomorrow! Don't make it a full week without the gym or some kind of exercise. Plan you meals out for tomorrow. HELP US HELP YOU!!!
Anyway I will quit.... go get-em and get back on track.
The worst thing you can do is call a bad day or 2 a "Downward spiral".
Just put it behind you, and get back on track. The chief reason people give up is they feel that they failed when they have an off day or 2.
(not that I think you're gonna fail, of course. Just yammering...)
Even *I* am not going to give you crap today. I know those days, those weeks. The fact that you blog about it shows that you're aware and you're not close to quitting.
That's why I try to see everyone blog as much as possible. No one ever gained all their weight back while being conscious of it. It's when we avoid the subject that we gain.
Doh!!! now i feel like a big jerk (the only one that picked on you). I agree with what everyone else said too. Rob made a great point. Anyway hope you don't think i am a big jerk.
Ripx
LOL, Rip. Don't you worry, you can't take the "jerk" label from me. I just used all my credits up for the week already ;)
Good luck with your fitness journey...one day won't throw you off altogether. Pad Thai is pretty darned good...
hey, you are so f'ing supportive of all of us, why can't you do that for yourself? you pretty much rock, so just get back on the whatever tomorrow. no worries.
Post a Comment