Ok. I'm still completely stressed out right now. I have so much work to do over the next 4 days, and then I'll pretty much be out for the next 6 weeks. I hope I don't have to do any work on my vacation :(
Anyways, I was so torn today about working out. I laid everything out before work this morning, so that I could just quickly change and then head to the gym. I got home and made dinner. Then I decided to not go to the gym. I wanted to just sit here and do nothing. Then I decided to use my bowflex and treadmill here at the house. Then I realized that the treadmill is out in the garage right now where it's about oh...150 degrees or something. So, then I decide to go to the gym. Then I got completely freaked out about the strength training. I had no plan, so I jumped on the internet to try to figure something out. Then I decide that I'm just too scared to do this by myself. In the end, I stayed home and used the bowflex but no treadmill. I'm not unhappy with this decision. I did a full body workout. I am going to try to go to the gym tomorrow for cardio.
I think my eating was good today. SB breakfast bar, apple, plum, orange, lean cuisine, 100 cal snack pack, shrimp, and yogurt smoothie with whey protein.
Yesterday I went swimsuit shopping (the one from this weekend was borrowed). It really sucks trying to find something at this time of year that is actually wearable. I finally found one that was ok. I really hate the mirrors in the fitting rooms. They make my back look bigger than I want :) This only reinforces my desire to get jumping on a good strength training schedule of course. This also played a big part in my good eating today. We're going to be at the lake next week, and I want to look decent...unlike how I feel today (still trying to work off the effects of this weekend's poor choices).
Swimsuit shopping is great motivation. I should do this more often.
It's before 10, and I think I'm ready to go to bed.
~~~Good night~~~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Great job getting in a workout last night. Ive had many, many days where I could just sit on the couch and watch tv. I hope the next 4 days arent to stressful. When I feel stressed due to time constrait I try to take a breather sometime during the day. Like a walk at lunch, or read a magazine on break, etc. Although its rainy today so that wouldnt be so good for a walk :p
Eating right, getting SOME type of workout in - both of those will help with the stress levels. Just take it a day at a time, and you'll be on vacation before you know it.
The other night, I wrestled on my spandex, and then sat on my bed for two hours before I managed to haul my lardass to the basement where my treadmill lives. Some days are just hard.
I have a fun stress releiver I do in traffic when I have road rage. Try relaxing your cheeks (face, not ass) and blow air quickly out of your mouth, trying to make your cheeks flap against your gums from the force. (Like making a horse sound, but not with your lips, with your cheeks.) I can usually get at least one side to go, but it is impossible not to laugh when I do it.
Don't try doing it in front of your boss, though if she is the source of your stress. Mine just looked at me funny. . .
Don't let the stress get you down. You have a vacation to look forward to!
LOL @ Swankywanker. For that matter, LOL @ Swankywanker's name. :)
Anyway, don't focus on what you didn't do, but what you did do. Tomorrow's another day. :)
Post a Comment