I met a friend for breakfast this morning. It really was long overdue, and it was nice to get some things cleared up. Good friends can do that. No confrontation really...just areas of irritation. I love my friends, because we keep it real. No drama. Well...very little drama. Anyways, I'm a happy girl today...and I feel so lucky to have so many great friends.
After breakfast, we went to this ghetto clothing store to buy some cheap clothes...I'm talking $3 tops. Unfortunately, we had to deal with the awful staff there. I swear I haven't experienced that bad of service in a long time...AND they only allowed 3 items of clothing at a time in the fitting rooms. Very frustrating. Anyways, it is getting more and more fun to go clothes shopping for the most part. I'm to the point where almost everything looks fine or good or HOT. The only reason some things don't look too great is because of my petite frame. Some regular sizes are ok, but others' waists fall where my hips are. I seriously have one of the shortest torsos I've ever seen.
I really wanted to talk about stretchy clothing today. In the past, I really had to avoid very stretchy tops, because all the stretchy material did was shift my blubber around and make it look worse than where it was in the first place or it just accentuated my belly roll. I think all that is changing now. The stretchy material seems to just hold everything in place now. I ended up buying this halter top thingee...the kind that I'd wear to a club. I don't know that I'll ever actually wear it out, but for $3, I thought I could at least just put it on at home and look at myself in it :) Even the horizontal stripes on it don't seem to make me look fat. It actually looks FAB! My friend was talking on the phone and just stopped talking when she saw me. Ok...you get the point. It looked good. My real point was that the lycra or spandex or whatever it is might be good for me now.
My other point is that it's true that the belly fat is usually the last to go (at least for girls). I still have enough left, but it's nice to see it finally shrinking.
In other exciting news, I get to go out to Detroit tomorrow for fun. Dally in the Alley is going on, and there are a ton of fun afterparties going on. It's been a while since I've been out to the city, so I'm super excited. I just hope it doesn't get rained out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You always make me laugh when you talk about clothes shopping for some reason. I think it's your willingness to admire yourself. Nothing wrong with it!
Good friends are, well, good! Someone used to tell me that you only have a few real friends, but however many you have, they're a gift.
You have no idea how bad it is. I got home and immediately took some pics of my new top just to see if it really looked that good...and dayummm...
ok. i'm an ass. forget it. hahaha :)
i had so many many years where clothes shopping would bring me to tears (in a bad way), so I'm just so happy that it's a pleasurable experience now.
I just went on a shopping spree myself. My problem is I used to just buy whatever fit and did a good job of masking my flab. Now there are all these other considerations, like...style!
Post a Comment