Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Nothing much to say lately

I haven't posted in a while, but it's not because I've been avoiding...just don't have much to report I guess. I ate more yesterday...probably a little too much, but that's ok. I still feel good.

Yesterday was the first day of school for the kiddies. What a strange but wonderful experience to send all 4 of them away for the whole day :) Of course Audrey was the funniest because it was her first time going to school ever. She's very outgoing, so I knew she would love it. She was so exhausted though and started to fall asleep on the couch after school. I made her dinner and she headed toward the stairs. I asked if she was going to bed and she said yes, good night. ha...at 5 o'clock! Overstimulated I guess. She didn't get up until I turned on her light this morning. This is a new school for them, but they all loved it and already made some friends. It's really nice that I'm not working right now, because I am a little more relaxed without the stress of work. They are at school again right now. Ahhhh...

I ran into our crazy carpooler mom from last year. They switched over to the same school as we did, unfortunately. Anyways, she was a little taken aback at how good I was looking. We carpooled until the middle of June, so it's good to know that even though I haven't lost that many pounds, I must look a lot more toned. I mentioned that I'd like to lose another 15 pounds, but she said she didn't think I should lose more than 5. Not that I care what she thinks. She is crazy after all. I will lose another 15...eventually.

Last week was Audrey's 5th birthday. I just realized this morning that I'm at the weight that I averaged before I had any kids...5 years after the birth of my last one. I don't think there's any real significance attached to that, but it was kind of interesting to me :)

8 comments:

Ripx180 said...

Well I think being at your pre children weight has huge significance. I don't think many people make it back to pre kid weight. My sister sent me some pics of her kids on first day of school yesterday. Same happy looks on their faces too :). It great to see youth so happy to be going to school. Plus this gives you some needed down time I am sure. I cant imagine how much work it is to raise 4 children (I only have one and hes a handful).

Dave said...

You should take a picture of your kids after school on Thursday to see if they are still smiling (from the homework) :P

billy said...

Nobody knows how much weight you need to lose but you. I feel the same way, people don't think I need to lose any more weight, but when I sit down and feel my muffin sitting gently atop my size 34 pants, I know I still do ;)

Rob Tucker said...

Billy's got a muffin.

I've got a full loaf of bread.

The point is, you do what you feel is best for you healthy. It's crazy, because people tell ME that I don't need to lose any more weight, and I'm miles away from where I need to be.

I think it's got to do with their own securities more than being 'helpful'.

Kristen said...

Probably that or they are comparing us to where we came from. Yes, I look like a whole new person, but I'm not going to pretend that I'm where I need or want to be just because I'm close to it.

Anonymous said...

Great photo of the kids! I wish we lived closer so I could get to know them. Audrey's exhausting day was pretty funny. It's like she used all her energy and needed to be recharged. Cute.

Marcol said...

Cute kids Kristen! Really funny that your daughter was wiped out at 5pm and out until the next morning - I guess she got more than she bargained for at school :)

I think youre right that people think you dont need to lose more in light of where you were. Like everyone else has chimed in and said, you'll know when you hit that spot thats just right for YOU! No matter what it is 5, 10 or 15 youve done great so far and your success is an inspiration!

Rebecca said...

Wow Kristen, I didn't know you had 4 kids! That's almost a basketball team. :) It is significant to return to your pre-baby weight - a lot of women never do, they just grow & grow & grow... Not to mention the fact that for you to have achieved what you have achieved weight-loss wise with the responsibility of 4 kids. You're a beast man!