Yesterday we headed out to Dally in the Alley. We parked kind of far out, so it was nice to get in some exercise. Actually, it sucked because I was wearing these sandals with 3 inch heels. Oh well. I was starving when we got there, so the hubby and I went to go grab a bite to eat. I decided on a shish kabob (they actually gave me 2). They were delicious and they were only $5...cheaper than I could even buy uncooked at the grocery store.
The best part was that I got to spend some much needed time with friends. After Dally, we headed over to Twingo's. It was kind of weird, because this is a very nice restaurant that was supposed to be turning into a club of sorts for the night. We ended up ordering food. I wasn't on my best behavior, but I suppose it could have been worse...seafood chowder (broth based) and then smoked mozzarella sticks (yes, they were fried) and an arugula salad. Hopefully the walking and dancing helped to burn off some of the calories.
The club thing was meh. This is a monthly event that we used to go to all the time, but it was at a completely different venue. It just didn't gel in my opinion, so we decided to head over to Corktown Tavern for Hot House. This was much better, but I was exhausted by this point. We stayed for just under an hour before heading home. I mean, it was 2:00 am, but we usually stay till about 4. Oh well... :)
Overall, a good day, but it wasn't magical. I guess you can't create that...it just has to happen.
***Addendum***
I wore a stretchy green top with a short(er) denim skirt. This is probably the first time that I've worn a short skirt since I was 21 maybe? Big step for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
And I was there, so I can vouch that Kristen looked HOT! I thought Day-UM Girl! :) It was great to see you, sorry we jetted early...Im surprised I made it that late! lol
When you go out you really GO OUT. Funny, 2am was early for you. Sounds like you and your hubby had a good time together even if it wasnt your typical venue otherwise.
Must be nice to wear what you did when you were 21 and not LOOK out of place. Good for you wearing your short skirt and showing them this is why you're HOT :)
You're hot cause you're fly, they ain't cause they NOT!
I can't imagine going out until 4!
Post a Comment