Friday, September 21, 2007

The Great 100 Calorie Snack Pack Debate

First, let me just say that I have been eating well. Nothing bad to report here. Yesterday I went to my old office to have lunch with a co-worker, and I saw everyone and the compliments were abundant...yeah yeah yeah. Same story :) I also ordered a small lunch plate (Ahi Sushi). That's literally all it was...4 small pieces of sushi...absolutely delicious and completely satisfying.

Now onto the important part of today's blog. I found this article to be very interesting. While I disagree with his point that we don't have a choice (see Billy's blog today), I agree that we have mental obstacles that often deter us from making good choices. However, when it comes right down to it, the choice is ours. It's just so important to eliminate temptation where possible.

Please be sure to at least read to the point where it discusses the chip experiment. I found it fascinating, because it's absolutely true. I would have reacted the same way as the test subjects.

I'm going out of town this weekend, so wish me luck on the eating front. I'm not quite sure what types of temptation I'll be facing. I must stay strong :) Maybe I'll go for a walk after dinner.

7 comments:

Kirsten said...

now where are you going?

billy said...

Yep, the choice is always yours, but the more times we HAVE to choose, the more likely that eventually we'll cave!

Stay strong!!

Kristen said...

taking the fam to my parents' :)

Rob Tucker said...

Enjoy the trip - and as for 100 calorie packs, they're an empty 100 calories, but they're better than a FULL 400 calorie snack.

Everything in moderation, IMO.

Rebecca said...

I agree, based on my experience, that convenience plays a role in my eating. Of course, we do have a choice, always, but making the choice is harder under certain circumstances. As for the 100 calorie snacks, I'd rather eat 1 full serving of the real thing, cuz some of them are thinned out versions of the original. That's no fun! I'd rather eat 1 real snack than 4 100 calorie packs, or none at all.

Rob Tucker said...

Rebecca, that's a good point. If you can eat only one serving and have the discipline to do that, that's great. I like the 100 calorie packs because I can admit that I simply lack that discipline sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Kristen, how was your weekend?? :)