Sunday, September 30, 2007

Weekend Follies

Well, let's see...I had a small party on Friday. I got to meet a whole new crew of great folks, so I consider it a great success. I made tacos and only ate one...on a flour tortilla even. Another success. (My tacos are to die for.) Unfortunately, I might have had too many martinis. Not so good on a couple of levels. Altogether a very fun night though.

Saturday was not such a success. Missed the spinning class...my friend that I was going with also had too many martinis :) We'll do the class next week. Anyways, I woke up and immediately ate a couple of tacos on flour tortillas. I still had a lot of meat leftover, so I made tacos for lunch. I was out of flour tortillas, so I fried up some corn tortillas. This is the killer. I had 3! I'm telling you...they are difficult to resist. Later in the evening, I made the kids dinner, but I just ate a bowl of soup. My husband was supposed to be picking up something for the two of us, but I was getting hungry. By the time he went, I was no longer that hungry. I still ordered something that I knew would still be good today. Hummus with chicken. mmmm... I did eat a little bit, but I wasn't very hungry.

I know that yesterday was not great in any way, but I don't think it was enough to really to do a ton of damage. Pizza would have been worse imo...and that seems to be the usual Saturday fare.

Today, we are going to visit the in-laws. I'm not sure what is in store for us food-wise. I will try to be good. I'm going to eat before we leave (probably some hummus).

Warning: This next paragraph is just random ramblings.

I return to work tomorrow, and this could be good or bad for my eating. Routine is usually a good thing. However, being busier could cause me to make bad choices. I'm hoping that being around my friends every day will not tempt me into going out to lunch. I must bring my lunch and eat it. I will probably just start packing a sandwich when I pack the kids' sandwiches. If I can keep it at my desk, I will be more likely to eat it. Too often I put off going into the kitchen at work to heat up my lunch. Then someone asks if I want to go to Hard Rock, and I say yes almost every time. So weak. If I have my food right there, I will probably eat it when I should and I will not be so weak. I will eat my breakfast bar before leaving for work, so that I'm not tempted by breakfast sandwiches from wherever. Coffee can wait till I get to work I think. If not, I'll start making some before I leave. Dinner is trickier. I think the kids will already be fed when I get home. It's sometimes easier to eat better when I'm just feeding me. It's also easier to stop at fast food when it's just for one person though. I must resist that urge...must must must. Again, it's going to be in the prior planning.

Hope everyone else is doing the weekend better than I am :)

11 comments:

swankywanker said...

Miss Lady, don't let yourself fall prey to the worktime lunch disaster. Don't bring cash, do bring lunch. Don't say yes, do plan ahead. You know how to avoid this pitfall. Now, do some sort of Wondertwin Powers Activate move and say, "I can do this!" (Will power is more fun when you think of it as a superpower.)

Kristen said...

I KNOW! I can just see it now though. "Kristen's back. Let's do lunch!" then I say "Oh yes, we must do lunch."

I think I will allow for one reunion lunch, but no more!

billy said...

This is a great opportunity to set some healthy new habits for your work life. Me, I enjoy going out for lunch, but I always make smart choices. If it's better for you to avoid that altogether, then do that.

However don't have the "I hope I can do it" attitude. Have the "I'm doing it and that's that" attitude.

Anonymous said...

I think you'll do just fine. Routine is definitely good, it's just getting INTO that routine that's the hard part. ;) You'll be fine, though.

Oh, BTW, not EVERYONE did great this weekend. :D

Marcol said...

As long as you have your mind together your actions should follow. You seem to be thinking through the lunchtime routine so Im betting youll do fine - its not like you havent been there and done that already.

I was thinking..."Kristen hasnt posted her weight in a minute. I wonder what shes weighing these days?" Care to answer? Not putting you out there or anything.

Anyway, enjoy returning to the work world. Big fun.

Anonymous said...

Reading your "back to work" blog I thought "they're going to do the Kristen's Back Let's Do Lunch Thingie. I'm so weak. When someone says let's do lunch - I'm there! I like the "super power" idea Swanky suggested. I might try it myself.

Enjoy being back to work.

Kristen said...

Thanks for the thought, Marcol :)

ummm...truth be told...I haven't weighed myself in quite a while. i've been waiting for a good streak which hasn't happened yet.

ok. i'm weighing myself tomorrow morning. can't promise that i'll post it though.

Rob Tucker said...

If you guys find that whole superpower thing, I'll take two. Monday's a new week, right?

Anonymous said...

Put me down for one "Thank God the weekend's over," please.

Jay said...

I didn't weigh myself on Sunday either, and I felt quite guilty about it. It's good to keep weighing yourself, keep it in your face so you don't forget what your habits are doing to you.

Ripx180 said...

ditto on the weighing talk... Just do it don't avoid it that way you know the truth and don't let a bunch of lbs slide back on. Its just tooo easy. My weekend wasn't great either. Always have a plan (thats my biggest downfall not having one). I dig the super powers comment too ;)