Monday, October 1, 2007

Hi Ho, Hi Ho...

This morning started off with a bang as my oldest kid was crying from a terrible headache and sore throat. Me, being the good mom that I am, told him to get out of bed and get his clothes on. I figured I could see just how sick he really was by the time we left. It really was evident by then that he was sick. My husband had a job today, so I decided to take the boy to work with me (how could I miss my first day back). I just wanted to get through all my emails and say hello to everyone. At noon, the boy was sleeping in my spare chair, so I decided to bring him home. He's been pretty much sleeping ever since. Awww...he really is sick :(

I was supposed to have boot camp tonight, but I couldn't really take the sick one to the child center, so here I am still at home. There is good news though. I promise promise promise that I'm going to use my bowflex tonight. I just have to. Getting dressed for work is nothing like wearing sweats every day all day. Let's just say that I wished my clothes were a little looser today, and I got out of them as soon as I walked in the door. Yes, these are my new clothes that I just bought last week. Hey, haven't I been saying that I needed some goal clothes? Well, I've decided to put the first suit back in the closet until I drop a few more lbs. I will try the second one later this week. Either way, tight clothes are a nice reminder of my goals.

My eating was ok today. I didn't go out to lunch with friends. I brought my lunch, although I didn't get to eat it before leaving for the day. I did eat the apple that I packed though. Hmmm...what else? I weighed myself this morning. All that I'll say is that it was 13_ . I fully expect the number to go down after I get a couple of good days under my belt.

Addendum: I did some things on the Bowflex. Then I did 200 crunches and 50 modified pushups while watching Heroes. Better than nothing I suppose.

9 comments:

swankywanker said...

Transition periods are hard. Be good to yourself, get plenty of rest. Try to avoid catching your kid's plague. You're going to be wearing those new suits in two shakes.

David said...

Definitely better than nothing. To me having a sick kid is probably the only valid excuse for skipping a workout. That was the right call if you ask me.

And i love those goal clothes thing. I don't have the courage to buy new stuff yet.

What i do is dive back in my old clothes closet and try stuff i haven't worn in years. Right now, i'm wearing a 4 years old shirt i bought in Peru and worn maybe three times before fattening up out of it !

Kristen said...

David, that's what I did for a long time too, but I can now fit into everything from the past. This is a good thing, but I think having those old clothes helped me to stay focused.

Melissa said...

Good Job on bringing a lunch and getting a workout in. I know the lunch thing was going to be hard for you, so kudos :)

Rob Tucker said...

I.

Love.

Heroes.

Jay said...

"tight clothes are a nice reminder of my goals."

...and loose clothes are a good reminder of your progress.

They'll be too big before you know it!

Anonymous said...

What Rob said.

Also, 200 crunches and 50 modified pushups? Damn, girl! You rock!

Marcol said...

Sweet on bringing your lunch even though you didnt have to eat it at work ;)

Sorry to hear that your child is not feeling so hot. Hope he's up and back at em soon.

Like swanky said that suit will be fitting and loose before you know it.

Glad to see you stepped on the scale. I will wait for the third digit to appear :)

Jim McCoy said...

You did something when you could have done nothing. You should be proud of yourself for that. Wasting a perfectly good excuse is always a reason to celebrate!