Monday, October 22, 2007

Star Pupil

Yes, I was the star of bootcamp tonight...but only because I was the only one to show up. It was nice...lower body workout. Treadmill jog 4.0 mph 15% incline for 1 minute, lunges 1.2 mph 6% incline 2 minutes, walk 3.0 mph 2% incline 1 minute, crunches on stability ball holding 10 lb dumbbell over head...repeat all 3 times. Then 15 - 1 leg deadlifts with 10 lbs, 20 of some kind of fast crisscrossing lunges (can't remember the name), then 15 - of something else that I was stepping up with the 10 lb dumbbell overhead...repeat all 3 times.

I feel good. Eating has been ok. Seriously - not stellar, but nothing too bad.

I want to take bootcamp seriously at least until the next assessments (in 3 weeks)...it'll be cool to see how much my hard work pays off. My goal is to not miss one session, so it'll be 3 sessions per week, plus I want to make sure to get in 1 extra workout on the weekend...preferably cardio. It doesn't even have to be at the gym. It just needs to be something physical...like rock climbing.

That's about all I have to say tonight.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Your such the teachers pet. :) I bet that was nice being the only one there, it was a bonus one on one session :)

Im excited to see your results in 3 weeks, I know they will be stellar ;)

Rob Tucker said...

Sounds like a good workout to me. And yeah, that sounds a lot like a personal training session, one on one. That worked out well for you.

Kristen said...

Kristen, that sounds like an awesome workout...and so great to be the only one! My gym has a "bootcamp" class that I've been wondering about. I may have to check it out.

Silvana said...

I did a whole hour of cardio today on the elliptical burnt 945 calories!!!!! today I weigh-in....

Rebecca said...

That's funny - a colleague of mine said she was the only one at her bootcamp class last night too. What was going on?! She did 118 push ups. Whoa. Sounds like you both had an ass-whooping of a workout. Good times!

Jay said...

I love the assessment days...especially when you know you're going well.