Tuesday, October 9, 2007

So...

Let's see... I went to boot camp last night, and I was so happy to hear that we were doing cardio. Here's what we did:

3 sets of 3 minutes fast, 1 minute slow (all on the treadmill)
3 sets of lunges up 2 sets of stairs, run back down

We did all that 3 times and then did 120 crunches (various)

It felt so good to get running again. Ok, it was more like jogging. The trainer wanted to keep our heart rates in Zone 3 for most of the workout (HR around 175 for me). Still felt good.

Then the trainer showed us the wall that had her story on it. She used to be known as the fat trainer. She's not fat at all now...very muscular (in a girl way still). It's always exciting for me to hear about the trainers that have also transformed their bodies. I feel like they can actually relate to us so much better with this insight.

My eating has been very good I'd say, although I did have a brownie this morning at work. Then my friend took me to lunch. I had this wonderful entree called dragon eggs: chicken breast stuffed with gorgonzola...with hot sauce on the outside...sitting on top of a caesar salad. So tasty that it's making my mouth water just typing about it. I'm glad I forgot the box in her vehicle.

I met some of my old friends at a pub tonight, and I was so good. I didn't order anything to eat or drink. Then I got home and ate a couple of baked corn tortillas dipped in hummus. Good stuff.

Thanks for all your supportive comments yesterday. I was really feeling down about myself and lacking motivation. I haven't binged like that in a very long time, and I know how quickly that type of behavior can get out of control. I'm not exaggerating this at all when I say that you guys are what keeps me in check. Yes, I have other friends that I can turn to, but you guys are right there for me every day. I look to you for inspiration, and you never let me down...through your words and your actions.

I know that in the past my binge would have gone on for at least a week and then a month. Now I have it for a day or 3 and then move on. Working out is the other thing that turns it all around. It's funny how you can walk into a gym feeling fat and disgusting, but walk out feeling sleek. That's how I feel anyways :) This makes me more conscious of what I'm putting into my mouth.

Ok. That's all for tonight. Time for TBL.

9 comments:

Kirsten said...

I am hijacking your comments section to tell everyone you are 21 years old today!!! Happy Happy Birthday :)

billy said...

Happy Birthday kid! Great job on the self control!

Jay said...

Happy birthday!!!

Nice resolve, too!

Kristen said...

Hey happy birthday...just read the other comments :)

Also, I have those binge days/weeks/sometimes months too. It's all about what you do MOST of the time. Don't beat yourself up!

PS. I'm watching TBL too!

Marcol said...

Say what? A birthday? How'd I miss that?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTEN!!! May it be your best year ever.

Your workout sounds good. You must explain lunges on the stairs to me. Im trying to picture it.

Way to handle going to the pub...you earned the hummus and tortillas since you forfeited on drinks and bad food choices.

That feeling you get after the gym is interesting considering how we sometimes feel going in. This should drive us in even when we feel fat before knowing we'll feel like Rockstars when we're done. Thanks for reminding me of this motivational tip.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Kristen!!!!

As for your blog, I totally know what you mean about skinny people who used to fat. They have much more credibility in my mind.

Awesome job getting back into the gym. I LOVE that feeling of sleek after a good workout. :)

Rob Tucker said...

Happy Birthday!!

You're right about this group being the source of motivation- I feel the same way (which is why I'm a jerk sometimes egging everyone on to post - it's purely selfish ;)

Those binges are so dangerous, it's a slipper slope. Glad to see you got your footing back!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday! Great job at the pub last night, that is great! Glad to see you back in good spirits. Celebrating your birthday over the weekend?

Ripx180 said...

Happy B-day!!!

Glad things are falling back into place for you. I love the way I feel after a good bought of cardio (sleek is a good descriptor, if a 220+ pound man can be sleek) The guy who got kicked off of BL last night sure looked good, hardly recognized him.