I went to a friend's house on Friday night, and I ate normally. What is normal? Well, I ate what they had and enjoyed it. A couple small pieces of homemade pizza and a brownie with a little ice cream on top. I'm fine with this. The rest of my eating for the day was pretty good. Plus, we didn't drink, so I saved some normal Friday night calories right there.
Saturday was not so great. I ate well throughout the day, but then we went to a bday party that had this awesome pizza there. I had 3 pieces and a couple of pieces of bread. I chose not to eat the cake though. I really don't love cake, and I thought that I'd rather spend the calories on another piece of pizza...which I did not do after all. No drinking again.
I was supposed to meet a friend up at the gym at noon today. I almost called her at about 11:45 just to see if she was still going, but I decided against that just in case she changed her mind. As it turned out, I didn't see her there, but maybe that's better anyways. This way, I did what I wanted and was able to push myself a little more than if I'd have a friend with me.
I used the elliptical for 30 minutes. Kept my HR at about 170 - 175 throughout most of it. Then I headed over the to the treadmill. Maybe I'll do the treadmill first next time, because my legs felt a little jello-y after the elliptical. I am still disappointed with my speed, but it's definitely getting better every week. I used to be able to warmup at 5.0 mph, but now I go about 5.5 for my regular speed. I did bump it up to 6.0 for the last set that I did today. I went 3 minutes 5.5, then 1 minute 3.5 for about 30 minutes. This was actually a very enjoyable workout. I base my speed on my heart rate, so I hope to see 5.5 going up very soon to match my 175 HR.
Tomorrow will be special. ha. It's assessment day for bootcamp. I'm very afraid, because I know I've lost so much ground since my surgery. I'm afraid of being disappointed and getting depressed. I know that one of the things is to see how many miles we can go in 12 minutes. I'm sure they'll see how many pushups we can do. They'll probably calculate our BF%. ick.
I may or may not tell you all the results. I might just wait to see what they are after my next assessment and brag about my progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Well, you ruined for yourself. If you tell us the results, it means you did good. If you don't tell us, that means you did bad.
Might as well trust us now :)
Rob's too funny. Don't get depressed or disappointed. I know, easier said than done, but you have to expect some backsliding after surgery. That's ok, the surgery was necessary, and you can undo any backsliding you might have done at bootcamp. Does it suck to have to lose the same weight twice? You bet. But it's not the end of the world. And in the end, better to lose it twice than to lose it only once, no?
The best thing to do is prepare yourself for the assessment. Assume it'll be bad numbers when you go in and if you come out with okay numbers, then it's better than you thought. If the numbers are as bad as you assumed, then you were prepared for them. The next step: keep moving forward, knowing this won't happen again.
Also, um...GREAT numbers on the tread! :)
Dont let the numbers depress you just use them as a gauge to figure out where you want to go. My VO2max isnt hot for my age but rather than let that disappoint me I decided to use it in my favor, now I know where I need to go. Im shooting for 7.5 minute mile. Thats a far cry from where I am now...but either get depressed or forge ahead.
Youre probably better than you think. 5.5/3.5 for 30 aint shabby!
Yeah, what swanky said. That's a nice way to think about it - why didn't I think of that?
Yeah, try not to let yourself get depressed or disappointed, as difficult as that may be. You are human and did have pretty major surgery after all - losing ground is to be expected. Just look at the numbers, set a goal to move forward and do it. We'll all be rooting for you regardless.
Post a Comment