So, I'm posting my stats...which means they were good! Yippee! Hooray!
Bad news first...I gained 5 pounds since my last weigh-in at the gym, but I decided to start wearing my shoes again for these, and I ate and drank a lot of water within an hour of my assessment...because I wanted to make sure I had enough energy. So, 5 lbs might be a little of this and a little of that.
Now the good news: My body fat percentage was 21.3%!!! The last two times were both about 2-3% higher (June & July). I'm now in the Good category for the first time, and there is only one higher (excellent).
I did 41 situps in 1 minute. Then I did 35 pushups in 1 minute (15 plank, 20 modified).
The agility test was a variety of different running things going half court and back 3 times. I did this in 28 seconds...should've been lower, but I stumbled on the last sprint....grrr...
My cardio test came back lower, but I guess this is to be expected since I missed a couple of months of running after my surgery. She had me go 4.0 mph @ 5% incline for 5 mins. The treadmill calculates your score automatically. I'm still in the good category...down from excellent the last time. I think the difference was my speed. I should have put it at 4.5. (I used 4.3 last time.)
Final stat: We had to see how far we could run in 12 minutes. I stayed conservative at 6.0 mph for most of the time. The last two minutes, I bumped it up to 6.5 and then 7.0. I am pretty sure I could've done 6.5+ the whole time. My final distance was 1.18 miles. Fine.
I'm looking at all of these stats as a starting point. I've taken bootcamp before, but I always seemed to miss the assessment nights :) I was pleasantly surprised with my numbers tonight, and I cannot wait to see what they will be next time.
Who cares about the 5 lb gain considering I lost a couple of percentage points in my body fat.
Wednesday night is pool night. Blech. I'll let ya all know how it goes.
***Edit***
So, after I posted this, I realized that my bf% is not down as much as I thought. My last two assessments were 21.9 & 22.9? Oh well, I'm still down and very happy with that. This new number says that I'm no longer below average or even average...I'm in better shape than the average 33 yr old :) Not so bad for a mother of 4, huh? I just can't wait to make it to the excellent category now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Hey, down is down when it comes to BF%. That's really what you're gunning for now that you're the size you are. Awesome news!
excellent measurements! You're making serious progress despite some major obstacles. Congratulations.
Looking forward to seeing how you do now with 100% mobility.
Man, I would LOVE to take an assessment like that, I wish my gym offered them...
Sounds like you are doing awesome!
yea congrats, thats great news! I want to do a boot camp..
Good news on your assessment, thats awesome! I figured you be better off than you thought. I bet you smash your old records next time. Now that you have a baseline it only gets better from here.
Kristen you are doing great!!!! Look at you killing those numbers. Your baseline is better than the average 30 year old...I love that :) I really want to join your gym. Why cant we live closer?!
Mother of four!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment