Nothing much to report lately, but I'm still doing well. Eating has been very good, and I attended bootcamp Monday...although it was a bit lame in my opinion (substitute instructor). Oh well...it was still a workout.
I went clothes shopping this weekend. I really just needed an overcoat. I haven't bought one at all since I've lost any of this weight. I just refuse to wear my XL coats. They look sloppy anyways. Well, this time I bought medium size. This is nice, AND I didn't have to try on like 15 coats before I found one that "didn't make me look fat". I bought the first one I tried on, and it's cute.
I was also browsing through the juniors' section, and found a great pair of stretchy cords that look really great on me (except they are a bit long). Oh, size 9 - and they were loose after I wore them for a little bit.
hmmm...ok...I thought this was going to be short, but I just remembered some compliments that I've received in the past week. First, at the Halloween party this past weekend. Everyone kept saying how tiny I was and they were adamant that I shouldn't lose any more weight. While this is cool to hear, I know it's not accurate. I do need to lose about 5 - 10 pounds of fat, but you guys know I care more about toning up at this point anyways. The other cool compliment came yesterday. I was talking to my friend on the phone, and she said something like...so, you're in what...6's now? and I said...no no...8's...not even close to 6's yet. Then she said...well, you look it. You're really tiny.
I know we talk about this all the time, but I don't feel tiny AT ALL. I feel average at best and sometimes I even feel huge. I wish I could see what everyone else is supposedly seeing.
This week is particularly bad, because it's TTOM (even though I don't actually have that anymore). I still have the hormones behind it though. It's amazing how fat it can make you. I swear everything just looks flabby for a few days. It really sucks when eating right and exercising is so tied to the emotions for most of us. I just feel fat, so I don't want to eat right? That's just stupid, but it seems to work that way. Luckily, I'm pushing past those bad urges for now. It really helps to know that I'll be getting assessed in 6 days now.
I do have to apologize to everyone. I swear I haven't read any blogs since last week. This is unlike me, but I've been a little preoccupied lately. I'll be back on it soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
No prob, Kristen. Seems like it's slow all around. Glad to hear those compliments coming your way. Funny how that works - I've been hearing "you need to stop losing weight" comments lately, which is ridiculous.
I mean, it's nice to hear and all, but don't let it sway you into believing it.
It must be a lot of fun to get the "Stop losing weight" compliments. I've never gotten one of those. So good job, and enjoy your new, smaller clothes. Oh, and don't worry about not commenting. I was basically MIA for two weeks. It happens
Kristen, I too, have those "I FEEL SO FAT" days/weeks. Of course, there will always be things we want to change about our bodies, but what I've come to realize is that just because I'm a certain size, doesn't automatically mean I'm happy with my body. When I was a size 10, I said I'd be so happy if I was just a size 6. Then I was a size 6, and still not happy. Sooner or later, you just have to push that negative self talk out of your brain and look at how far you've come. It's not easy though!
Those are nice compliments. You've come a long way, baby!
Post a Comment