Today was absolutely fabulous. I still don't know my time yet, but I know I did well enough....very close to 30 minutes I think...hopefully under. I know that I didn't stop running the whole time, and that's good enough considering I haven't officially trained for a 5k. Next time will definitely be sub-30 I hope.
***Edit***
My time was 30:13. Good enough for this time. Can't wait for the next.
It was also so great to finally meet a couple other F.A.T. people (Rob & Jim). Melissa was there too, but we're already friends...although it was definitely great to see her, and I'm so glad we got to do this together...even though we didn't meet up until after.
Ok. I guess I'm still feeling very ADD this morning...partly because of all the stuff I have to do today and maybe I'm still kinda geeked about the race.
Overall, all the worries about what to wear and everything else were unnecessary. I ended up wearing a hat, gloves, earbags, and a sweatshirt (along with my clothes). This was pretty much perfect, although I probably could have removed the hat after about the 2nd mile.
Everything else went very well - except getting there. I was stuck in traffic for almost an hour and I thought I was going to be too late to run. This is also the area that the Thanksgiving Day parade takes place, and so many of the streets are blocked off. I ended up grabbing a surface lot, and of course I kinda forgot to take a glance at the cross-streets. Then Melissa was kind enough to drive me to my car. It was pretty much where I thought it was.
I'm sure Rob, Jim, or Melissa will have a better post about the race itself. I think Rob and Melissa will be posting some pics.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Congratulations Kristen!
You must feel soooooo good about yourself. Would you have even considered doing this a year ago?
Amazing, absolutely amazing.
Happy Thanksgiving!
You impressed the hell out of me, you did great. Totally proud of you.
You made me crack up telling us how you 'did your hair' for the race. Total chick move LOL!
Good job on your time Kristen!
It was great meeting you Kristen. I kinda agree with Tuck though, I'm not too sure why you'd do your hair for a race. Congratulations on your time though, you sure smoked me!
Sharon, no way could I have predicted that I'd be running in a race.
Jim...cause I'm a girlie girl, and I'd just gotten it done the night before, and I wanted to see how it looked again :)
Thats great. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving after that.
Sounds like a awesome experience. Wish I had some FAT sisters and brothers out in the NW. You will easily hit your sub 30 on your next run. Loved the pics on Robs page, all 4 of you looked great.
:)
It was an awesome time wasnt it? You rocked it like I knew you would. I cant wait till NYE!
Post a Comment