Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Boot Camp - Day 2

Today was a great day in general. I got reacquainted with someone from high school today - well, even more acquainted. We've talked via email & telephone for a little while, but we met up at the great Tim Horton's this morning for coffee. I was good and only got coffee and yogurt w/fruit. This was made possible by eating a breakfast bar before I left to take the kids to school.

I will not name this friend yet, but I think that she may be joining us here soon. She has already successfully lost 50 pounds on her own and already workouts regularly. She is just looking to finish off the last 20 pounds and get encouragement for her continued fitness goals.

I had my second boot camp session tonight. Let me just say that I'm still sore from Monday...but in a good way. I love being able to feel the sore abs when I'm walking or doing other exercises that are considered for the arms or other areas. I know this is why they call it the core. The abs seem to tie into everything. Everything else is sore too. It even hurts to sit down.

Here's a brief rundown of what we did tonight:

(3 rounds of each circuit)

Circuit 1:
5 mins on stepmill, farmer walk w/2 - 25 lb plates, bicep curls - 21's
Circuit 2: 20 pushups w/S Ball, frog jumps, something called "around the worlds" w/25 lb plate, 10 shoulder presses w/25 lb plate, 1 minute plank holds using S Ball.

That was pretty much it tonight...upper body with a bit of cardio. I'm always afraid of the upper body nights, but I usually find them quite easy and enjoyable. Tomorrow I work with other trainer. I don't know what we'll be doing - probably lower body.

I also learned that our pool equipment finally came in. Um....this means that we'll be working out in the POOL?!?!? Glad I've already gotten through the "wearing a swimsuit in public for the first time" hurdle. Scary stuff!

Ok. That's all that I'll bore you with tonight...more tomorrow after Boot Camp - session 3.

4 comments:

Jim McCoy said...

That's a great workout. I'm jealous. I can't do pushups to save my life.

Jay said...

nice! I'm with you on the pool thing...scary!

billy said...

that boot camp sounds like serious stuff! Nothing better than feelin' it in the abs...

Marcol said...

No wonder your arms are sore - push-ups, shoulder presses and plank holds.

Youre doing BIG things Kristen. Youre going rock when youre finished.