Thursday, September 20, 2007

Interesting Article

This study suggests that exercise is just as effective as drugs in treating major depression. Makes sense to me!

5 comments:

billy said...

Totally. I actually read an article in mens health a few months ago that talked about if you are one of those "exercise addict" people, you're probably majorly depressed.

Rob Tucker said...

I know it helps me a ton when I'm stressed out, pissed off, or feeling down to get in the gym and work it off.

Marcol said...

This exact finding is talked about in the Certified Personal Trainer textbook that Im studying from. Fitness is just good for you all the way around - nice find Kristen!

swankywanker said...

This has a downside, too. On days when I mange to exercise in the morning, the endorphen high I'm on all day makes me smile . . . a lot. Not the worst thing in the world, unless you take public transportation in Philadelphia. All the wackadoos think it means I want to talk to them. Oh well. At least now I can outrun them.

Jay said...

You don't really hear doctors prescribing exercise as a treatment for things, but it is an effective treatment for a variety of ailments.

I guess you can't make money off of telling people to exercise.