In my opinion, one of my biggest problems this week has been breakfast. I am not hungry when I take the kids to school, but this quickly changes while I'm in the car...just as I'm approaching McDonalds or Tim Hortons or whatever. Even if I'm still not hungry, I want coffee, so I stop somewhere and then yield to the temptation of food as well. So, last night, I set my coffee maker on auto and took coffee with me on the drive. I also ate oatmeal for breakfast before leaving to take the kids to school. Guess what? I didn't even think about stopping anywhere. I also left my debit card and cash at home just in case.
The other thing I did last night was lay out my workout clothes. After I got back from taking the kids to school, I did some stuff around the house and then hit the gym. What a great workout! 30 minutes on the elliptical, 10 minutes on the stairclimber, and then 1 mile on the treadmill (about 10 minutes). It wasn't where I was when I left off a month ago, but I think that I did very well overall...and I enjoyed it! I didn't do any strength training, but I might use my bowflex tonight. I also have a lot of chicken breast and lettuce in the refrigerator just waiting for me to make a salad out of it.
Ok. It might be Monday before my next blog entry. Have a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Ive noticed lately as well, planning is a HUGE step I have to do to be successful!
I know how great it must have felt to workout again. :) Have fun in Chicago!
You're SO right about planning. That's my biggest fault - I can say that the more planning I do, the better the day. Nice call.
Howcome you never mentioned this "Stopping at McDonalds" thing before??? ;)
Sorry, Billy. That was a recent development...while I was not blogging :)
I only did it once...2 breakfast burritos.
you see what happens when we don't blog people? ;)
glad you're back!
I agree 100%, if its planned then things go like they should. If its not then I get hungry and who knows what I might do :) Glad to see you are getting back to the gym, must be healing up well.
Like Ive heard so many times...if we dont plan then we plan to fail.
I was reading a magazine the other day and read a quote that stuck with me..."make your lunch because if you dont someone else will." Thats one for the books for me!
Anyway, good to hear youre back and at 'em at the gym and it seems like youre not missing a beat considering you just had surgery. Good for you Kristen!
Enjoy your weekend in Chicago!
How was your weekend?
Post a Comment