Monday, September 24, 2007

Quickie - Edited

My weekend was pretty horrid eating-wise. I really didn't exercise any self-control at all. I'm blaming it on not enough luck wished for me on my last blog...so joking. Anyways, I went for a very short walk Friday evening, but other than that...nothing :(

Today is a new day. I haven't been great, but I don't think I've been bad either. I picked up the kids from school today and told them to get their homework done early so that we could go to the gym. They absolutely love the child center there, so this serves two purposes. They get their homework done in a timely fashion, and they motivate me to go. I could have gone earlier in the day, but no. I guess I should get used to this routine anyways, since I'll be going back to work next week. So far...so good. 3 out of 4 are all done with homework, and the 4th one is almost done. This is a good night.

Ok. Going to serve dinner so that we can get out the door.

Oh, one last thing...I've decided to sign up for the next boot camp session at the gym. It will be well worth it to get me back into the whole workout routine. I can't wait to get some of my tone back.

*Edit*

I went to the gym tonight and asked when the next Boot Camp session would be starting. To my surprise, they told me I could start tonight! I was really happy, because I really didn't want to do cardio only tonight anyways. There is a new instructor for the class, whom I thought did an excellent job. It's good to switch up trainers, in my opinion. She has different ways, and I am surprised at how jello-y my legs still feel 3 hours later. I will be going M W Th for the next 12 weeks.

I am going to be soooo smokin' by Christmas. Look out, Size 6, here I come!

11 comments:

Ripx180 said...

just don't let a weekend turn into a week or a # or two turn into 10... you know what I am saying :)

Those bootcamp classes scare me. They just sound so hard core. Thats awesome that your kids love going to the gym kid center, what a win win situation for everyone. Mom gets a workout and kids have a blast.

Rebecca said...

That's a good plan. Definitely a win/win.

Kristen said...

I'm not sure if the boot camp classes are that hard core. They are difficult, but I find them bearable for the most part. We do a lot of lunges, planks, crunches, etc...mixed in with different types of suicides.

The instructors are nice too.

swankywanker said...

That's terrific about bootcamp. I'm looking forward to your next updated picture. Since you mentioned Christmas, I like to picture you surrounded by poinsettas, wearing an acrylic sweater with a snowman on it. And thick glasses. This is not how I really see you, but I think I had a dream about the gem sweater lady last night.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure you go to the same gym that I went to for awhile. Unfortunately, my kids were pretty wishy-washy about the kid center so it made it difficult to take them there. I would've liked to have done one of those boot camp sessions but the timing was always bad.

Anyway, I ended up leaving that gym and using the money on a Bowflex, which I believe you also use. I only wish they had a pool-only membership.

Rob Tucker said...

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR EATING!!!...

.. wait, I'm late? Sorry =)

Good call on the new workout phase - keep us updated on how it's working out, how you're finding in terms of toughness, etc.

Oh, and stop talking about Christmas. I'm SO not ready for that yet :P

Melissa said...

Reading your edit, made me grin ear to ear. I just edited one of my goals to be Christmas to. :)

Jay said...

Boot camps are pretty awesome, you end up doing stuff you wouldn't push yourself to do on your own, and you tend to get pretty good support from the other campers.

Let's try to push through this upcoming weekend together and make it a clean one. Reading through the blogs, it looks like everyone is having trouble with the weekends.

Kristen said...

Woohoo - I got a comment from phenom :)

Do you use your bowflex? I bought mine a few years ago and used it once - until I started using it recently. I think it's a great supplement to going to the gym for me. My husband used it a lot more than I did. I'm still glad I have it though.

Btw...my kids like the child center now that they are older. It wasn't so great when they were little. I hated being called away from my workout after only 20 minutes.

Ripx180 said...

Look out Xmas.... I don't want to see this headline so be careful.

NEWS FLASH

Woman so smoking hot stands too close to tree and catches it on fire. Husband receives 3rd degree rug burns trying to smother the hotness.

ok I am a dork

Anonymous said...

Doth my reputation precedeth me? :)

So yeah, for awhile the most time I spent working out on the Bowflex was hauling the boxes from the garage to the basement and putting the beast together. Now, however, I'm getting quite comfortable with it and have dedicated myself to using it much, much more. I'd been using it once or twice a week, but I'm shooting for five days now.

By the way, I've been following some of you for quite awhile and I'm in awe at the progress you all have made. You all have inspired me to get off my ass. :)