Sooooo...all my hard work seems to have paid off! Here are the numbers:
(Oct 15th / Nov 12th)
5 minute HR test score: 36/43
12 minute run: 1.18 miles (avg 5.9 mph) / 1.34 miles (avg 6.7 mph)
Flexibility test: 15.9/16
Situps: 41/41
Pushups: 15 plank, 20 modified / 31 plank, 19 modified
Agility test: 28 seconds/28 seconds
One more stat...the BIG one...body fat percentage:
If you remember...at my last assessment, I was at 21.3% body fat. This time, I wanted to see something in the 20% range...and I thought that maybe just maybe I'd see under 20%. Well...today I came in at 18.5%!!! I went down just under 3%. How f'ing cool is that. No wonder I've been seeing all this new definition. I don't think I've mentioned the muscles that I'm starting to see on my back.
Needless to say, I'm blown away with my results. Seems that my strategy of eating in moderation and working hard at the gym has worked for me. 4 weeks. By the way, she measured me twice to make sure that the numbers were right. Oh yeah...I also lost 2 pounds since my last assessment. That obviously doesn't seem like a lot, but I wasn't working toward weight loss anyways.
So there...that's it. I have 5 more weeks of bootcamp left. It would be way cool to see something in the 17% bf range.
Oh, one last thing. 18.5% bf puts me in the EXCELLENT category for my age. There was a time where I didn't think it would ever be possible for me to be in any kind of decent shape ever again in my life. I'm so beyond serious when I say that if I can turn myself around like this, anybody can. Go get em, FAT!
*edit*
I forgot to mention that I went to the gym twice today. I ran 4 miles this morning. Unfortunately, it seems that I developed a couple of blisters on my feet when I went bowling yesterday. So, I went to the store and got a couple of blister bandages today, and I was able to run pain-free tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 comments:
Wow, your speed really increased a lot huh? And 3% BF in a month is fabulous, that's way more important than the 2lbs weight loss. But of course, that's great too. Congratulations!
Congrats Kristen. Youre making huge strides. Now let me dish out your own words to you...."pictures please???" lol. Let us see all this definition - motivate us :) Again, great job!
That's freaking fantastic!
okay, so now do we get new pics? your a rockstar, you really are!!!
I can't tell you how impressed I am, or how happy that you are EXCELLENT for your age.
You're on fire!
Pics please.
CONGRATS! Im so happy for you, and proud of you girl! You have really put in the work and the results are defintely showing. Your a true inspiration to the rest of us :)
Maybe we need to go rock climbing again, I bet you would kill those harder routes ;)
Yes, we need new smiling Kristen pics. your progress is simply amazing (3%bf drop!!!). That is killer. Your speed increase is awesome also. I knew you were working hard but you must have been working harder than your blog portrayed.
WOW!! 18.5% that is awesome!! Way to go Kristen!!
So the whole thing about hard work paying off is true? I guess you're living proof. Way to rock.
WELL DONE Kristen!! What great results you've achieved. Your obvious excitement has made me all pumped to work out tonite.
Keep up the fantastic work, and like Marcol said, pictures please :)
The 3% body fat drop with only 2 pounds of weight lost gives me hope that scale weight isn't everything. Excellent job.
Rebecca, to be fair...my speed did increase a lot, but that was my first assessment since my surgery. I know that I could have done a lot better had I not been disabled for a month or so.
Melissa, you just tell me when and where. I'll crush those walls...jk...I don't know if I'd be any better :)
Ripx, sorry if I've sounded lazy lately. I think I'm kind of doing the Billy thing right now...stepping away a bit and focusing on other things. I think that this has helped me to get more sleep - and avoid the late night snacking.
Geoff, I figured it out, and if the math is right, I lost 4 lbs of fat and gained 2 lbs of muscle. I'll take that any month. I just hope the next 3% will be just as "easy" to lose.
Everyone else: I'll take pics soon. I talk about the muscle definition I'm seeing. I just don't know if the camera will capture it like my bedroom light does :) Either way, I'll let you be dazzled by my smile so that you won't even care about the muscles...hehe...
Holy crap, Kristen! That's awesome!!!! :) I'm so happy for you. You totally rocked out the gym and your diet and you're reaping the results of hard work. Great job. This is the inspiration FAT needs to get re-energized.
wow, just...wow. You're killing it in all areas! You're really hitting your stride now. Loving that boot camp!
All this talk about things "slowing down" here in FAT land - hogwash.
Seems just the opposite. I keep seeing more and more people with great numbers and great accomplishments.
Congrats Kristen! Keep it up.
that's freakin' awesome...CONGRATS!!!
wow! im floored by this revelation. 18.5% body fat! that is incredible. you know, ive always secretly aspired to be 19% body fat but somehow it seemed so out of reach- below 20%. i have never even gotten below 30%. what programme do you follow??? amazing! to lose over 60 lbs and to get crazily fit like this...you have so much to be proud of. this is exactly where i want to be at the end of my own quest.you're an inspiration.
Post a Comment