Most of you know that Kevin and Beck are coming into town in a few weeks...I believe they'll be here the weekend of December 9th and 10th? There's been talk of going to a Piston's game. I don't know if this will happen, since someone will have to arrange it all and order all the tickets and nobody seems to want to volunteer...blah blah blah.
Anyways, even if the game does happen...I would love to host a party afterwards, but I just don't think that will work out. We probably wouldn't get back to Canton until after midnight. I don't really see the game happening anyways. So...I'm just putting it out there for everyone that we can have a party at my house on Friday or Saturday night. I want to have a full day for recovery :)
I'm posting this here, because I was hoping that some of the rest of you might want to come here and join us. I know it's short notice, but we've talked about this before, and I would soooo love to meet you guys in person (well, most of you...just kidding).
Oh, by the way...we're talking about Michigan here.
Ok. That's that. The official party invite...pending the status of the Pistons game...and also pending what night Kevin and Beck can pull off.
Onto other business...
I had bootcamp tonight, and I was a little dismayed but a little happy when I saw that we'd be with Keith tonight. He normally only does our Thursdays, but Shelly called in or something. He really gave us a run for our money...great workout as always. After class, I was stretching with the newer girl that's been with us for about a month. She said something to the effect that I challenge her. I'm the one she watches and tries to keep up with. That's pretty cool. I always thought she just didn't like me much :)
I've decided to do the Turkey Trot with Rob, Jim, and Melissa on Thursday. Well, I think we're actually doing the Stuffing Strut...the 5k. I didn't realize it was right down the street from where I work. That helps with the first fear of being in unfamiliar surroundings. I know that I just need to do it. Period. It'll be a benchmark for the next one. Of course I'm hoping for sub-30 minutes. Unfortunately, I am a little sore in my right leg, so I think that I'll take it easy for the next two days, so that I'll be nice and ready for the run.
Ok. That's all for tonight. Be sure to let me know if you wanna party with me :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
ooo... i'm the first commenter! :)
i just really love the name turkey trot - i wish they did one out here. stuffing strut is kind of cute too. I was talking to someone that works out at my gym the other day. She used to be on the elliptical all the time, reading a book, chillin basically. She was thin, but kinda skinny fat, could afford to lose a few pounds. She started lifting weights and changing her diet, and she has not lost a pound, but her body has become quite lean & muscular. She did a fitness competition and said she plans to do one regularly to give herself something to work toward. Ummm... long story. Bottom line - maybe doing races like the stuffing strut, and improving your time each time, can help keep you motivated, even when you don't want to lose any more weight. I'm sure you will have a blast either way.
Erin and I are game for sure for the party/Pistons. I wish I could do the volunteering thing for the Pistons tickets, but I can't. If someone wants to volunteer to get the tickets, I can get cash/paypal to them ASAP, though.
So yeah, we're in.
As for running, I'm glad you can make it. This will be good for all of us.
I think Melissa has my number, but the four of us need to get together before/afterwards. I'm guessing before because I'm thinking some of you will need to hustle out for the holidays, but whichever works.
Man wish I could come to your party but being half way across the country isn't working in my favor. I am sure you will all have a great time.. take lots of cool pics.
Post a Comment