Mentally, I broke down the run into 3 parts... 3 miles, 2 miles, then the final mile. For the first part, I stayed at 5 mph, then I went 5.2 mph for the 2nd part. I mixed up the final mile a little. My body could have gone much faster, but I decided to pace myself to avoid injury.
I also came up with a plan to carry me through to the half in October. I will continue with the 12 week program I'm currently on (Hal Higdon), and then I will work on improving my time with the 10 week Runner's World plan, which is still only 3 days a week of running (with cross-training on 3 other days).
For events, I will be doing a 5k next weekend, a 10k in July, a 10 mile in August, and the half in October.
My diet has been pretty good overall. I've averaged a caloric deficit of about 500 calories per day, and I've lost 3 lbs in 3 weeks...exactly as predicted. Even though it's only 3 lbs, I can see differences in my shape, which is the most important part anyways.

1 comment:
6 miles!!! your really cranking it up. Looks like you have a very solid plan of attack. I love it when the weight comes off as you expect it too.
Post a Comment