Thursday, June 18, 2009

Not too much to say

Yesterday, I felt completely famished all day long, and I ended up going over my desired calories consumed; however, I didn't want to end the day with a caloric surplus, so I ended up going for a 2 mile walk/jog.

I was much better today, and I was successful in spacing out my meals/snacks better. I somehow ended up only consuming less than 1200 calories (far lower than usual). I also ended my day with a 4+ mile tempo run. This was a little more difficult for me, because it's going the same pace for a long time. I didn't have a problem with the distance or the pace...it's just that I always like to mix up my speeds just to keep it interesting; however, it's probably good practice to try to train the mind more than anything. Plus, the tempo run is at a slightly faster pace than the long run, so I think it will help with the longer runs on Sundays.

Sunday is my 5k. I don't expect a very good finish time, but I'm excited nonetheless. It's a good starting point.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Still kicking arse, I see!

Anonymous said...

Don't fret the finish time on Sunday - celebrate that YOU are out there doing what so many other people think about doing, but never do. Keep up the great work!

Ripx180 said...

let us know how the 5k goes... I am sure you did really well.