Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day 5k

Yesterday morning, me and the fam got up bright and early to head out to the Father's Day 5k. It was sooooo nice to have my husband and kids with me. They were there to send me off and greet me on my return. I finished in 32:45, which was better than I expected. I have only been back to running for 6 weeks now, and this was a couple minutes less than my fastest training run. Plus, my training focus has been on endurance rather than speed anyways. Oh well. I think that it's disappointing to me that I let myself get out of shape, but it's still nice to see where I'm at.

I started out WAY too fast - finished the first mile in 10 minutes, so the next 2 miles were probably a little more rough than they should have been. I'll definitely need to work on pacing myself better. Hopefully I'll figure that out before the 10k in 3 weeks. I signed up for that today, so if anyone in the area is interested...please let me know and I'll send you the details.

Other than that, I had a fantastic weekend. Very full...and satisfying. Unfortunately, I did not eat properly. I doubt I will lose any weight this week. I can handle that though...as long as I don't gain.

Ok. Off to bed...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same issue...not pacing myself. But it's just so cool to run so fast when you have so much energy! :) Awesome time...great job.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://kfarbair.com][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/logo.png[/img][/url]

בית מלון [url=http://www.kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] - שירות חדרים אנחנו מציעים שירותי אירוח מגוונים גם יש במקום שירות חדרים הכולל [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/eng/index.html]ארוחות רומנטיות[/url] במחירים מיוחדים אשר מוגשות ישירות לחדרכם!

לפרטים נוספים אנא גשו לאתרנו - [url=http://kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/contact.html][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/apixel.gif[/img][/url]