I went to my first bachelorette party ever last night. I've been trying to think about why I've never been to one before, and I don't quite know. Maybe I've typically had more male than female friends or maybe my friends never get married - just live together. Then there were the church years...no real bachelorette parties going on there. Overall it was cheesy but fun I guess...penis accessories and all. We went to dinner then hit a couple of clubs. Luckily there were other bachelorette parties going on too, so I didn't feel too embarrassed.
What I really wanted to talk about was a girl that I met at the party last night. She really was so much fun...and absolutely adorable. Do you ever just look at someone and just envy their body? Dumb question. I'm sure we all do. Well, I was extremely envious of her body. It's exactly how I'd like mine to be. There are a lot of times when I'd like to ask people what size they are (so that I can get an idea of what I'd like to be). My inner filter usually prevails though. Last night, I decided to go for it. To my relief, she said she was a 6. Size 6 is only a size down from where I'm at. I can so do this. I'm thinking 10 pounds should get me there. Size 8 is perfectly fine, but 6 is even better...and still curvacious.
I told her that I'd lost a lot of weight, and she told me that she'd lost 60 pounds about 6 years ago. That's always cool to hear. I could tell that she works out by her arms. She said what we've all been saying all along. It's a very simple concept when you get right down to it. Eat the right stuff and exercise. Simple.
There was a point in the conversation that she thought I said I wanted to lose 20 pounds, and she looked at me like I was crazy. Then she said that I was already really small. The fact is that I would like to lose another 20 pounds if I could, but it's always cool to hear someone say that I don't need to...especially someone that already has what I'd consider a perfect body.
Anyways, this might be just the inspiration that I need to get me past this 10 pound hurdle. I can't wait till I can exercise again. I was really on the right track before my surgery. Luckily, I've not been doing anything to backtrack during my down time, but I still probably have another month before I go back to work. I might be hitting some of you up for advice on Full-Assing it into a size 6. Of course, knowing that Rebecca's buying some 8's helps too :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
That's awesome. In my version of the story, you and your friend with the hot bod ended up making out ;)
Seriously though, what a great inspiration. Sometimes I feel like it may never be possible for someone who's lost a lot of weight to have a perfect body- good, but not perfect. It's great to know that someone like her could not only do it, but keep it off for years. Glad you asked her!
Alrighty then Billy.
Interesting convo you had Kristen. Its true we never know where the person we're admiring was before we met them. Who would have thunk it that she was 60 lbs heavier.
Youve done great on your journey and Im sure once youre back up and at 'em youll knock off those 10. Who knows you may get them off before you even get back to exercising then all you all to do is work on your muscle tone. Youll be on the other end of the conversation soon Im sure. What youve done is also inspirational - dont forget that!
BTW - You better still feel hot in your 8's...thats nothing to sneeze at.
I think if we ask more people, we would be surprised to find out "their story". And sometimes when you do find out their story, you even more inspired ;)
Right now you just have to be patient in your recovery, and than when it comes time to get back into exercising I think your going to be so fired your going to surprise yourself!
P.S. I think shes right about the 20 pounds, Id look at you like your crazy to :p Kristen you are looking great!
I'll be in a size 6...someday...
/dreaming (for now) :)
Just bottle up that desire to work out and you'll have no problem burning your way down to a 6 after recovery. That's how I started this whole thing. After my C-section, I was so amped to lose weight that the minute I could work out, I was all over it. And I haven't really stopped since. :D
/still laughing at Billy
Seriously, though - I know how you feel. I look at these dudes that are the build that I want to be, and it just pushes me harder. I was on the treadmill a while back, and this guy about my height, built like a brick shit house jumped on the treadmill next to me. I paced him for a while just to do it.
Strange - a year ago I would have gotten off that thing just because I was intimidated. Good job!
Isn't that how all bachelorette parties end? ;)
hahahaha mental image:
kristen making out with size6girl surrounded by penis paraphernalia. hilarious. and strangely hot.
Post a Comment