Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Week 5 - Completed

This past week went well enough. I lost 1 lb, which is in sync with what my bodybugg told me should happen. I don't want to drop my calories too low, since I also need energy for my fitness goals. I started taking Alli on Saturday, so I hope this will help boost my numbers just a little. I know that I'm eating right, because I'm not experiencing any of the "treatment effects" even after 3 full days.

I finished my 5 mile run on Sunday in just over 60 minutes. Not horrid, but I still have a long way to go. I really wish they'd keep the gym a little cooler. I have never been so drenched with sweat in my life. Abnormally drenched.

I've finally started seeing some noticeable differences in my body this week. My legs are starting to firm up and I don't feel as lumpy through my hips, butt, and stomach. It's a start anyways.

This week, I have 4 mile runs today and Thursday, and then a 6 miler on Sunday...plus crosstraining on other days.

That's all I got today.

3 comments:

Ripx180 said...

Hey Kristen glad to see you are still cranking along and loosing about what you expect to. Not sure what to say about the "alli" and weight loss thing. IMHO diet and exercise is the way to do it. All your extra exercise should net you a good calorie deficit. Keep getting it done.

Jason said...

You are doing an awesome job Kristen. I wish I was a better runner, sounds like you are starting to get the hang of it. What kind of stretches do you do? My legs cramp up really fast when I'm running.

Kristen said...

Ripx, using Alli just enhances what you do through diet and exercise. All it does is help some of the fat you consume pass through without getting absorbed by the body. There are very negative consequences if you exceed 15 mg of fat per meal; therefore, it encourages a proper diet. Any help I can get is a positive in my opinion.

Jason, you may be trying to do too much too fast. Try slowing down. I go a slow pace for the first half mile at least. This gives the body time to warm up properly. You may also want to try a structured training program like 5k training, so that you don't increase your weekly mileage too quickly. Good luck!